11. The joys of home

(Dean's POV)

The next day couldn't come any slower for Dean; he had already baked two batches of his home-made brownies (and eaten half of them), cleaned the entire kitchen and watched three episodes of Project Runway but it was only 5:50pm. He felt like he was being punished, his whole life he hated going to school and the next day always came quickly but now that he actually wanted to go to school the next day, time was passing painfully slow.

Dean was lying on the couch mentally willing the day to go quicker when the front door swung open and his younger brother, Sam, walked through with a huge smile on his face.

"How was the date Sammy?" Dean teased as he turned the TV off and sat up on the couch so he could face his brother.

Sam locked the door behind him and kicked his shoes off before turning to Dean, "I am in such a good mood that I don't even care for your childish mockery." The older Winchester made a face at the word 'childish', Dean Winchester may be a lot of things but childish was not one of them.

"I can tell by your smile and your 'good mood' that it was so a date" Dean continued along with bunny ear gestures after he decided to let the childish thing go. Even though he was messing around with his brother, like usual, he was actually really pleased to see Sam genuinely smile like that.

"Whatever Dean, I'm going to my room" Sam shook his head as he walked towards the hallway that led down to his bedroom.

"By the way, you have to clean the bathroom tonight!!" Dean called after him, figuring that it would be easier to rip it off like a Band-Aid. He had expected Sam to get annoyed and refuse to do so but apparently his good mood wasn't going to be tarnished so easily. Whoever made him this happy had done a good job at it and Dean commended them.

__

After the two brothers had eaten tea (rather nice lasagna made by Dean) Sam retreated back to his bedroom and the older Winchester had the job of washing up. Dean hummed ACDC to himself as he scrubbed the plates, dried all the dishes then put them away in their respectable cupboards. When he was finally finished, he grinned to himself, all his chores for the day were done.

Dean pulled out his phone to check the time, 7:55pm, as much as he just wanted to wake up the next day, it was way too early to go to sleep. Dean cursed himself for not asking for Castiel's phone number, sure he knew what his background picture was, and he smiled at the memory, but he didn't know his number. He would just have to accept the fact that he has to wait till tomorrow to see the mysterious Castiel Novak. He leaned against the counter and thought back to Castiel, like he does so often lately, god his eyes, they were just so blue and that head tilt thing he does was absolutely adorable. Dean was still in the middle of his daydream when his younger brother appeared in the hall doorway, "I don't mind cleaning the bathroom once in a while but why do I always have to do it?"

"Dude, you have so much hair and it gets EVERYWHERE, that's why" Dean complained and this time he wasn't actually exaggerating, he found his brother's hair literally everywhere, the shower drain, the countertop, on the couch and, where he hated the most, in his Impala.

"It's not everywh-" Sam was interrupted by the loud buzzing of one of their phones. Dean quickly checked his phone for any new messages but the screen hadn't changed from earlier.