Change Requires Sacrifices

The weeks following Lauren and Camila's first date were more than Lauren had ever imagined her first real relationship would be. She rarely counted Luis, having never even been on a date with him throughout their entire relationship, she couldn't believe she had wasted so much time on someone like him.

Camila was the perfect girlfriend, and it showed every day since their first date. Randomly through the week, she made a habit to bring Lauren a flower with random meanings, awing Lauren's squad and other bystanders that were present. She would carry Lauren's books, always walking her to class with a smile, and eyes full of adoration, and it touched Lauren so much to feel so cherished.

Dinah and the girls joked about Camila being so whipped, but honestly, they were happy for their friend, and pushed away the small waves of jealousy that would occasionally rise. They soon had no reason to be jealous, as multiple guys from the football team had gotten in the habit of wooing the girls, Ally and Norman for example.

Arin and Troy had both cornered their captain, asking permission to ask out her friends, much to Camila's surprise. When she asked them why they were asking her, they told her that they didn't want to make it awkward for her since they were team mates. She smiled at their consideration, and gave them her blessing, along with warnings of any heartbreak ending with her foot in their asses.

They pledged to treat the girls as Goddesses, and took her lead by wooing the girls with flowers and chivalry.

To say that Camila was becoming popular with the ladies was an understatement. Many of the girls in the school would shoot her looks of gratitude when their football boyfriends were seen giving random romantic gestures, as it was an unspoken rule for her teammates to not be fuck boys or they would feel her wrath.

At first Lauren was defensive with all the smiles coming her girlfriend's way, but when Ally told her what Camila had told Troy and Arin, she just smiled and gave Camila a passionate kiss, causing the captain to blush as her friends cooed at her.

What surprised Camila was how the teachers were acting since the teams new make over. They smiled at Camila when she collected the teams weekly reports, thanking her for the strong rules she had applied to the team, saying that the behavioral problems they had were long gone from all the boys. The classrooms were running smoothly, and they couldn't be happier.

Especially since her team helped keep Austin and his friends in line.

Things were going well all around. The team was on a winning streak, having won almost five games in a row already.

Lauren and Camila frequented each others houses so much, their families had come to schedule days that they would have both girls over during the week, leaving Sunday open for barbeques with the team as they continued to make game plans with their families. It was no longer just the coach helping the team, but a multitude of fathers sitting down with the coach and team to help come up with plays to surprise their opponents.Having watched and played football throughout their lives, they were practically experts. The mothers, having bonded after the father/ son game, made food for their little army, gushing about how well their boys were doing on and off the field at school.

This was becoming routine, as the huge group grew more and more excited about the possibility of actually making the playoffs.

Camila was incredibly pumped that Friday, when Coach Cowell pulled her aside to inform her that three scouts were coming to the game, anxious to see what she had made of the team this year.

Camila walked into the cafeteria quickly calling her boys over, Lauren and the girls following curiously. Once all the tables were pushed together and they were all seated, Camila announced, "We did good boys, the scouts are coming."