Chapter 14 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Owen perked up, I could only assume he wasn't allowed onto the training grounds before today. He skipped alongside me and his frown soon turned into a smile as I approached my men.

"Running commander," they all looked flustered as I approached them.

I nodded once and they all stood.

"I'm not here to train, just to train you." I spoke.

"And...the boy?" One of my men questioned.

"He's here to observe, if he's anything like his father he'll want to be involved in every aspect of pack life. After all, he is the future Beta of the House Lican." I replied.

They all seemed to accept my answer and continued with their training while I guided their movements.

Within the first two hours of training, my men were sparring and I observed the perimeter lightly.

Drew was still no where to be found, the last I'd heard he was in his room recovering.

I was still unsure as to what to think about him, I didn't know where he'd been and when he returned...he was magnificent.

I didn't want to allow myself to admire him, but I found it a hard task to accomplish.

I surveyed the field once again, finding my men in fighting stances.

"Owen!" I exclaimed as he stood a little too close to Lycan in shifting position.

Quickly I extended my arm, reciting one of Hannibel's spells as I sprinted towards the two of them.

"Circusidio!" In an instant Owen was surrounded by a ball of blue energy and tossed to the side as the Lycan shifted.

I rushed over to him, helping him sit up as he rubbed his head with his hands.

"Are you alright?" I questioned, placing a hand on his back.

He continued to groan but nodded his head in reply.

I breathed out in relief and smiled as he rose to his feet.

"I didn't know you could do that." He spoke as we returned to the house.

"A friend of mine taught me, it saved your life too. Next time Owen, you need to be aware of your surroundings it is better to watch and observe than it is to act hastily and get yourself killed."

He nodded once and I patted him on the back before leading him to his room and leaving him to rest.

After finishing in the field, Alpha Jason caught my attention and I made my way over to him.

"Danielle." He nodded at me as I approached him.

"Alpha, I was wondering where you were." I spoke.

"Alex had me come and meet his mate, it took longer than I'd have liked." He spoke with exasperation and I suddenly became confused.

"You don't approve?" I questioned.

He flushed.

"She is...different, but there must be a reason she's destined for him." He spoke before clearing his throat and shifting the subject.

"You seem like you're doing better, you look well." He smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder carefully.

"I do feel better, I just feel helpless...weaker I suppose." I admitted.

He nodded in understanding, leading me towards the staircase.

"Injuries find themselves to us one way or another, time is the only thing that can heal us." He said.