Right Where I Belong

A/N: Thanks for being so patient! This is dedicated to morrisgirl ! Thanks for giving this story a try too!

***

"Fancy meeting you up here." I teased, raising my fisted hand to rest on my hip. I knew the motion accentuated my curves, and Alexander seemed to think the same, because his gaze was glued to it.

Scrubs are hardly a fashion statement, but I had to admit, I enjoyed the way he was looking at me.

"I know you're not as familiar with the human anatomy, but..." I raised my other hand, pointing at my face. "...my eyes are up here."

A heart stopping grin overtook his handsome face. "And what pretty eyes they are." Xander complimented.

"Did you come here to flirt with me, or do you have an ear missing that you need sewed back on? Because I need to get back to work." Even though I'd love to spend some time with you instead... But I didn't give him the satisfaction of saying that out loud.

"I'm afraid, it's rather the first one." Xander grinned, taking a few steps toward me. "Although, I do have an appointment with old man Belkin in a little bit."

My brows raised in question. At last, something interesting was happening up here. "Am I going to be shadowing that as well?"

I didn't know why I assumed that he knew about the whole purpose of me being up in this floor, but I had a feeling that Xander was aware. In fact, I thought he knew a whole lot more than he let on.

"No, not Dr. Belkin." He shook his head, and I took a step away, suddenly feeling rejected.

I knew about Alexander's little secret, but I didn't know enough. Not nearly enough.

"Well then, if you're done with me, I think I'll return to the doctor I will be shadowing today. You have a good-" I already turned on my heel when his hand reached out to grab me. His hold wasn't tight enough to bruise, but it let me know not to test it.

"Not so fast..." His breath tickled my ear, coming from too close. "We're not done here yet." Xander's voice was close to an octave lower, coming out as more of a pleasant growl.

I turned slowly, my nose nearly bumping into his own in the process, as he leaned his head down to my level.

His warm breath mingled with mine as we nearly panthed, the closeness to each other becoming nearly unbearable. I needed to take a step away. I needed to close the distance...

But before I had a chance to decide which, Alexander did that for me.

His full, pink lips were like warm pillows against my own, pressing gently, applying enough pressure to send chills down my back, but not nearly enough to... I wasn't sure what. I just needed more.

My hands flew to his hair, nails out, clawing him closer to me.

And he came willingly.

His strong hands wound themselves around my waist, yanking me closer to his body. Even through his dark sweater I felt the ridges and outlines of his pecks. His body was a lean, hard machine, meant to be touched and admired.

I let out a small moan when one of his hands wrapped around my long locks, and pulled. My head dropped back, exposing my throat. I felt his tongue on my sensitive skin, making patterns that drove me nearly wild.

I released my hold on his head, moving my claws lower - so low in fact, they accidentally slipped up his sweater.

I've never touched his skin before.

It felt warm under my fingers. Smooth and so very warm. I felt every muscle, the way they contracted with every little movement. They seemed powerful, and I knew he was holding back with me.

But what he didn't know was that he didn't need to. I wanted him to release everything. I wanted to know just how strong he was, feel everything firsthand.

Before I had a chance to express that to him, Xander pulled back. A small groan of complaint left my mouth. My lips suddenly felt empty without his touch.

Alexander flashed me a small grin, lifting a finger to shush me. A moment later, the door flew open, an elderly nurse strolling in. "Mr. Romanov, I'm sorry to interrupt, but Dr. Belkin is ready for you." She said, without sparing me a glance.

"Be right there." Xander replied, keeping his gaze on me.

The nurse nodded and left, closing the door behind herself. "Helga isn't one to knock." Xander shrugged, a playful smile returning to his lips.

I ran a hand through my tangled locks. I'll have to beg Kala for a comb later, seeing as my ponytail was almost nonexistent at this point. Gosh, the smug look on her face as she was going to look at me, knowing exactly what I did.

"Thankfully, one of us was sober enough to hear her coming." I breathed, my lips still feeling swollen from the moment we just shared.

Xander didn't miss the bitter sarcasm in my tone. "It's better for you if you don't know, sweetheart."

But I already did. I already knew enough to be immensely interested in Alexander's business. And Dr. Belkin could be the key to it all.

"Little too late for that, isn't it?" I asked, piling my messy hair on top of my head in a half-hearted bun.

Xander's smirk only widened. "You're a smart woman, Sophia." He said, stepping closer to me, and tugging an escaped strand behind my ear. "But knowing too much can be a burden." He whispered, his lips only a breath away from mine.

"I've never noticed that."

Xander chuckled. "You're insatiable."

I inhaled his scent, looking him right into his golden eyes. "You have no idea."

***

*Alexander*

"You're playing with fire." Boris spoke in Russian, shaking his head.

I snorted. "I'm not an idiot." I replied in our mother tongue, enjoying the roughness of the words as they left my mouth. Suited my mood just fine.

Boris stuck another needle in my arm, the sensation a mere, momentarily bite. "This girl can be nothing but trouble, Alexander."

"It's none of your business." I snapped. The old man had a lot at stake too, but that didn't mean I was going to let him treat me like a kid.

I knew what I was getting myself into with Sophie. I knew very well that it was wrong.

But I couldn't stop...

Ever since I caught wind of her scent months ago at the hospital, I've been obsessed with her, even to the point of madness. Sure, exposing myself to a stranger was just about the dumbest thing I could have done... But I didn't need to hear that from Boris.

"Just do what my father pays you to." I told him, holding out my other arm.

Boris shook his head, but took another needle into his hand. "This can't end well..." He muttered, before sticking it under my skin.

This time, I felt nothing.

***

A/N: Oh, just wait til y'all see what happens next! *rubs her hands together conspirationally*