Deep In My Soul - I Know That I'm Your Destiny

a/n: I truly apologize for the wait. Crazy semester and insane work schedule. Hope you guys will like this just as much as I enjoyed writing it! <3 

***

I cleared my throat, tilting my head away from his penetrating gaze.

"It's quite loud in here." I commented, although we've been standing around the same spot all night.

In reality, I've had an inner battle going on, ever since I met Xander. On one hand, I found him absolutely intriguing - a gorgeous, well mannered male, practically extinct in our society. Xander had that certain charm about him that would make him attractive even if it wasn't for the gorgeous packaging.

Then there was this dark secret about him. It frightened me. I still didn't understand what he was. Or what he would be capable of.

And not understanding something to a scientist, was like a disease of the mind. It spread and spread, until it consumed every part of my brain - taking over all my waking thoughts, not leaving me until I found the cure.

The idea of spending time with Alexander both terrified and excited me at the same time. I was just as scared of him as I was scared of not knowing... what made him who he is... or what it would be like to belong to him...

"Come with me." Xander slipped his hands from around my waist, turning around for me to follow.

When he saw me hesitate, he shot a million dollar smirk at me. "I thought beasts were fearless, sweetheart."

Narrowing my eyes, I flashed my fangs at him in a faux sneer. My 'scary' expression only earned a chuckle from Xander, as he took me by the hand, and started leading me away.

"Xander, my man!" A tall man from the crowd jumped in front us, blocking the way. He was quite an impressive height, but he had nothing on Xander - in height, or in frame. "It's been ages!"

"Benjamin." Xander nodded politely. He gave the man a smile, but it didn't look like the smiles he was giving me all night. I didn't know Xander too well, but I would've better money that that smile was fake. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great, man." Benjamin, was dressed up as a footballer. Plot twist. "Thanks for having us here tonight! The whole team's been buzzing about you ever since you left." I took a few steps forward, my attention piqued by his words. "We were wondering when you were gonna come back!"

If Alexander's smile seemed fake before, now it was a downright lie.

"I'm not coming back. Just wanted to celebrate the holidays." He replied curtly.

"Sure, man." Benjamin nodded. "But ya know, you always got a place back if you-" And that was when he noticed me. "Oh, hey there." He grinned, pushing out his chest as he looked down at me.

Xander's hold tightened on my hand. "We were just leaving."

And just like that, without another word or goodbye, he dragged me away from his 'friend'.

I followed him through the crowd, shaking my head as I smiled at his back in disbelief. "Something amusing you, sweetheart?" Xander asked, never turning back around to look at me.

I snorted. "Have you got eyes on the back of your head?!" I replied, in a voice much lower than his speaking tone. But I knew he heard me. Alexander seemed to hear and see everything around him.

Unlike me, whose only clue of his amusement was the shudder of his shoulders as he laughed. "Something like that."

Oh... So secretive! I rolled my eyes, knowing full well that there was no possible way he could actually see me.