Eyes

I've never understood why people say two different things for the same colour. It's all grey. I've never understood why people refer to different shades of grey as 'blue.'

But I do now.

Last week, my mum finally explained to me the concept of soulmates. She says that whatever colour our soulmate's eyes are, that's the colour we can't see until we make eye contact with our soulmate for the first time.

Now I'm wandering around the park, staring at the sky, crying. I'm crying, because I'm almost certain I'll never see the colour blue.

I look around, making eye contact with strangers, until in the eyes of a beautiful girl I see a colour that I had never seen before. They're like crystals, glistening in the light of the sun. Suddenly, above my head, there is a burst of colour.

"THAT'S WHAT BLUE LOOKS LIKE!" I scream in delight at the once grey sky, peppered with little wispy clouds.

The girl suddenly looks down at the grass. I wonder why, until I remember that my eyes are green. She's never seen the grass in any colour other than grey!

We run up to each other and hug, then just stand in the middle of the park, staring into each other's eyes, marveling in the vibrant new colours.

(A/N) Hey there, my snowflakes! Sorry for the short update. I have no excuse other than writer's block. Have a good day!