The Ultimate Betrayal

Začít od začátku

It was late, Ava was finally pulled into the driveway as Robert followed. She parked in the garage and saw Seth's car. She got out of her car as Robert's car was in front of the garage as his window was down. She told him, "Seth is here. You can go, Robert."

Robert nodded as she walked to the door to the house and closed the garage. She walked in and Seth called out, "Ava?"

"Yeah, it's me." She was tired. She asked him, "Is Sam in bed?"

"Yeah, normal time." He called back.

She finally walked in the living room as she didn't look towards Seth and groaned, "These late nights are killing me. Days like today, I miss the Late Show."

She finally looked at Seth and saw Brenda next to him on the couch. Her eyes brightened as she was happy to see her. She rushed over to her, "Oh my god. What are you doing here?"

Brenda stood up and smiled. They hugged. Brenda said, "Seth brought me here to surprise you. He said you were missing me."

She pulled away from her friend and looked at Seth. "This was your doing?"

Seth just smiled and nodded. She moved over to him and bent over to him. She gave him a sweet kiss and said when she pulled away, "This is amazing, baby. Thank you."

"Anything for you, love. I know you missed your friend." He told her.

She looked at him in awe as he continued to surprise her. He knew how to make her smile. She stood back up and looked at Brenda. "We have to catch up."

They both sat on the couch as Seth said, "I'll leave you two be."

He got up and walked away as they both began to talk about the last several months of their lives. They laughed and it felt like old times. Ava then said to Brenda, "I have missed you so much."

"Me too. New York doesn't feel the same without you there." Brenda said, sadly.

"I'm sorry." Ava told her.

Brenda looked confused. "For what?"

"The way I left. I didn't even say goodbye to you. Just after what happened, I had to leave." Ava said, feeling guilty.

Brenda couldn't bare seeing Ava feeling guilty as she had more of a reason to feel guilty then Ava did. "Don't worry about it. I understand. I know it was Will."

"How?" Ava asked, almost surprised.

Brenda shook her head and lied, "Call it a hunch."

Brenda felt like a coward. She knew she should tell Ava what happened and that Will knew she was in LA, but didn't know how to. They were together and happy and Brenda was afraid to ruin that. Ava then said, sadly, "It was awful, Brenda. If it wasn't for Seth, I don't know what we do. He is so protective of us. Just feels like a bad dream now. The worse part is he told me he would come after Sam next. God, I don't know what I would do if he hurt him."

"He really said he come after Sam?" Brenda asked as the guilt consumed her more.

Ava nodded. "But Seth is making sure that does not happen."

"Is that why the bodyguard?" Brenda asked.

Ava nodded again. "Yeah. Seth got us each one. He is afraid Will will find us. But by now, I have realized there is no way Will could have known we have moved across the country. I think this is the last place he look, honestly."

Brenda's guilt took over as she knew Will knew what city she was in. She said to her slowly, "Ava, I have to tell you something."

Ava looked at her as she waited. Brenda wanted to tell her but it wouldn't come out. She finally said, "I'm glad you and Sam are okay and happy."