❀ eighteen ❀

Tired of trying to do it right
Her dreams are just too far away
To see how steps she's taking
Might be taking her to who she'll be...

Harry

The next day at school, I entered the building with a big smile on my face. Last night was amazing...incredible. It was more than words I could even put together. I was actually happy and a lot of people noticed it and this included both Finn and Louis.

"What's got you so chipper this morning, Harley?" Louis asked as the three of us walked to my locker.

Now, I know I couldn't exactly say what actually happened, so I got to make up a lie that was totally believeable.

"Can't the lad just be happy for no reason at all, Lou?" Finn pointed out; Louis nodded. "But just out of curiosity, does it have to do with Aliyah?"

Louis scrunched up his face. I know he tried not to make it noticeable but it was almost like one of those flashing signs that are hard to see. There was no way anyone could have missed the face that Louis had just made.

"No," I began as I opened my locker to put back books from my bag that I wouldn't need until later. "Her and I are just friends; nothing more."

It looked like Louis sighed a breath of relief; again, trying to not make it noticeable but failing miserably.

"Good. It better stay that way," Louis said quickly.

"Louis! Calm down, will ya? If you had the balls to even ask the girl out, she'd be yours and you wouldn't have to worry about anyone taking her."

"It's not that easy for me, Finn!"

"How not? You just walk up to her and ask her out! Simple as that!"

As those continued to bicker about Aliyah, I unnoticeably snuck away only to bump into her. She giggled and I apologized for not watching where I was going.

"It's okay, Harley. I should be the one apologizing anyway. I was just...eavesdropping," She giggled again. "Oh poor, Louis. Getting all worked up over little me."

She giggled some more and I just smiled.

"So what will you do if he does eventually ask you out?"

"I'll probably make him work for it. Play hard to get, you know. Or just make him jealous by hanging out with you...if you're okay with that."

I nodded. I didn't really see any harm in it. Plus I doubt Louis would actually do anything to me because of it. Then again...he is the nephew of Cullen...so whatever Louis does is going to be unpredictable. Shit.

"You alright there, Harley?" She gently poked my arm and I looked at her to see a concerned expression on her face. "You kind of spaced out there for a second."

"I uh," I cleared my throat. "Yeah...yeah I'm fine. Let's get to class before the bell rings."

She linked her arm with mine and began to walk with me to class. I could hear people murmuring around us. Saying things like: "Are they together?" "Are they dating?" "I thought she was hooking up with that junior lad." One look at Aliyah, I could see her frown. It was obvious that she heard what they were saying and the last one that we heard must've been a rumor.