❀ seventeen ❀

She feels lost in her own life
Treading water just to keep from slipping under
And she wonders if she's where she's supposed to be...

Harry

Niall was feeling a lot better now. It had been a few days and I was back at school. I didn't want to be there and honestly, Niall didn't want me there either. We were both scared that Cullen would show up—possibly even during school hours—and try to do something to me. Granted that Louis was there when Cullen tried the first time, I can't just rely on him. I can't rely on him or Finn. Finn will let his feelings for me get in the way and Cullen might hurt him. Louis though? Well, he's Cullen's nephew. I can hardly trust Louis as it is and him being Cullen's nephew ruins everything.

I could already sense that today wasn't going to be good. Finn and Louis were bound to ask me numerous questions as to why I wasn't at school for that last couple days and I have no clue what I'll tell them. It's not like I can honestly tell them my entire life story like I have to Niall. They're nothing like them and from what I know about them so far, they wouldn't react the way Niall did.

"Nice nails, Harley," I heard a girl say.

I looked up and realized that I was in my study hall; meaning that the school day was almost over. Thank god.

"Um...thanks?"

"I think it's cool when boys do that. You know, break the gender roles and all that. Like do what makes you feel good, right?" I nodded. "Do you mind if I sit next to you?" I shook my head and she took the empty seat beside me. "I'm Aliyah, by the way."

I smiled and gave her a hello.

"It must be hard trying to make new friends while being the new kid."

"Yeah," I softly laughed. "Tell me about it."

"I was the new kid last year and honestly, I was probably friendless for a good month or so. It didn't really bother me all that much. I mainly keep to myself anyway."

"Me too."

I smiled more; maybe Aliyah can be my one friend that's a girl. I looked her over a few times to take in her features. She had green eyes just like me. She had short curly hair and she smelt of bubblegum...not that I was smelling her...cause that would be creepy. Her voice was melodic. You know, kind of like in the Disney movies how all the princesses have such pretty voices that you could listen to all day because they're just so beautiful and soothing? Yeah. That's the kind of voice Aliyah had. In fact, she sort of looked like Aurora from Sleeping Beauty...but only slightly.

"We can be friends if you like, Harley. That is if Finn and Louis will let you out of their sight."

She giggled and I just sighed.

"I'd love to be your friend, Aliyah."

She smiled at me then pulled out her iPad from her backpack; she had a batman case on it and I found that pretty cool.

"Are we allowed to have that sort of thing out?" I asked in a whisper.

"Oh yeah. Mr. Peterson really doesn't care as long as we're quiet. I mean, I'm not hurting anyone by playing Flow Free, am I?"