❀ nine ❀

I was stumbling
Looking in the dark
With an empty heart...

Harry

I was a bit scared to talk to the counselor. It was only my first day here and I'm sure they didn't want to hear me complain already. But it's not my fault. They didn't know my story. So they couldn't get mad at me...right? Well, I sure hope so.

Niall and I were sitting in the chairs outside of his office since it was still lunch time; surely the man had to of been eating in there. I leaned my head on Niall's shoulder and he slowly slid his hand into mine.

"Everything is going to be okay, Harry," he whispered to me. "I'll make sure that boy never touches you like that or any way ever again."

He gave my hand a squeeze and lightly kissed the top of my head.

"Will we be able to go back to the hotel together?" I asked, looking up at him.

I watched as he looked away from me and sighed.

"I wish we could...honestly I wish we could. But I have to go back to work and sadly you have to go back to classes..."

I frowned and when we heard footsteps coming towards us, I sat up straight and Niall let go of my hand. I didn't like that. I didn't like that he had to let go of my hand. It was honestly the only thing keeping me calm.

"You must be Harley's older brother?" a woman asked as she approached us.

So the school counselor was a woman? I mean, not that it was a bad thing.

She was wearing a dress suit and she looked very professional. Niall had stood up and shook her hand.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm his older brother," Niall said.

He lightly patted my chest as if he was telling me to stand up, so I did.

"And you must be Harley." The woman gave me a smile. "I'm Miss Martin."

I gave her a small wave before she told Niall and I to follow her into the office that the school gave her. She told us to take a seat in the chairs in front of her desk while she sat in her chair behind it. I watched as he began typing away on her keyboard but stopped when Niall began to speak.

"Are you...a psychiatrist, Miss Martin?"

She looked at Niall and gave him a little smile.

"That is why the school hired me," She chuckled a little. "I'm also a therapist. So, Harley. Tell me what happened today."

She clasped her hands together and placed her forearms on her desk while leaning forward.

"U-um...w-well, I was eating lunch with m-my new friends Finn Pattinson and Louis Tomlinson..." I began.

She began typing away on her keyboard again.

"Hey...hey hey hey what are you doing?" Niall asked.

"Oh I'm just typing up a few things so I can put it on file for your brother." She stopped typing and looked at me. "Go on, Harley."