Chapter Five: God-like Feet and a Song

Violet had just settled into her new hotel room when she heard a knock on the door. Of course she knew who it was. Who else could it be? She opened the door.

 He'd changed into another shirt,  a black button-up. "C'mon. We don't have too much time."

"What?" Violet asked, appalled. She was so tired from the plane ride, plus she'd not slept well the night before because she was so nervous about even going with Noel. A decent night's sleep had been scarce since he had came into her life.

"My gig? Remember I'm this thing called a musician."

Smartass.

"Your gig's tonight?" He hadn't told her that, damn it!

"Yeah, me gig's about t'start in about twenty minutes."

She gasped. "Shit! Why didn't you tell me earlier? You should've been there hours ago!" 

Between sound checks, setlist reviewing, and warming up, Violet made sure to arrive before each gig at least an hour and a half beforehand. Noel, however, just laughed. "No worries, sweetheart, I usually just arrive pretty late anyway."

Violet looked down at herself. She was wearing skinny jeans, converse, and a Pink Floyd shirt. Damn, she looked like a slob.  "I can't go like this."

"Yes you can."

She looked at herself at nearby mirror, and then back at him. "I look like a trashcan."

"No, you don't. Stop being so dramatic, for fuck's sake!"

"I am NOT being dramatic, you prick, I just don't like looking homeless!"

He sighed, rubbing a hand over his annoyed face. "Damn it, Hemingway, you look fucking amazing in anything you wear, so can we PLEASE go?"

A pause. "...I guess..."

"Well God save the fucking queen, I finally convinced ya. Now let's go before the band starts without me." He took her hand into his own, and started dragging her out of the door.

----------------------------------------------------------

They barely made it to the venue in time. Noel was rushed a copy of the set list, and a guitar was thrust into his hands. Violet could hear the crowd from backstage, moving anxiously around in preparation for Noel's appearance. 

"--Two minutes!--" Called the manager in his all-too-familiar tone of voice. Her manager had the same panicked tone before every gig too.

"Guess you gotta go now." Said Violet.

"Almost. Need one more thing before I go."

"What is it?"

Noel smirked and tapped his cheek. "One before I go onstage, for luck."

"One...what?"

"Ya know what."

A kiss? NOW? He had to be joking.

"--One minute!--" Chimed the manager.

"No way! Just go play your fucking show!"

"Nope, not until I get me kiss."

"Noel, no!"

"One kiss, or I'm not stepping one God-like foot onstage."

"--Thirty Seconds!--" 

"If you don't go out there then all those people will have wasted their money."

"And you'll be to blame for not giving me one simple kiss."

"--Ten seconds!!!---" 

"Alright, fine!" She lifted up on her tip-toes and kissed him on the cheek. "There's your stupid kiss!"

He winked. "Thanks, sweetheart." And then he walked onto stage, calm and collected as ever. The crowd was totally unaware of all the things that had just transpired before. 

He played numerous songs, some Oasis songs, some of his new songs. The crowd was amazing. The way they reacted to him was something special. They were hanging on every word he spoke, every lyric he sang. It was almost dumbfounding. The man was a like a God.

She had the best seat in the house, and her eyes were glued to him. The presence he had when playing was indescribable. Completely focused, completely in control. It was like he was born for the stage. 

Everything was going just as the set list had said, except instead of playing "Half the World Away", he nodded at the rest of the band and went up to the microphone. 

"Well," Said Noel to the crowd, who cheered in response. "There's been a sudden change in schedule. Here's a new song I've been workin' on. This one goes out to the most stubborn girl I know. Enjoy, sweetheart, this one's for you."

The song started, and her jaw immediately dropped. This was definitely not one she'd heard before.

If I lead you to the line

Roll me over on my side

But I don't mean to be unkind

I'd pick you every time

Shine a light on one and one

Make love easier to find

I didn't mean to cross the line

I'd pick you every time

Sing for me the stories that you find

Now make up my mind

As long as you'd say you'd be my girl

I would wait around for you until the end of time

If I lead you to the line

Roll me over on my side

But I don't mean to be unkind

I'd pick you every time

Then the song ended and a massive uproar came from the crowd. He continued to play the rest of the concert according to the set list, but Violet could hardly concentrate. 

The song...

He wrote that for her?