Chapter Three: Seeing Eye to Eye

"You did WHAT last night?" Isabell's eyes were wide as Violet described she and Noel's entire encounter the night before. They were staying in a hotel room together for the extent of their stay in Los Angeles (with Freddie staying just down the hall from them) and the two of them were quite comfortable together--they had been friends for years. She told her just about everything; every secret, every lie. They were best friends, after all.

"I swear to fucking God I'm telling the truth." Said Violet, holding her right hand up and crossing her heart with the other. "He said we'd be in touch."

"Wow." Said Isabell.

"Yeah. Wow." Violet agreed.

"Like, I didn't even see him at the party last night," Said the bassist, furrowing her brows in thought. "I saw a lot of musicians, but not him."

"I guess he left right after we got done talking."

Isabell's eyes twinkled. "That's interesting."

"How so?"

"Well it seems like to me that he came to the party to see you."

Violet let out a sarcastic laugh, rolling her eyes. "Don't be silly, Bell, he and Dave are friends. Dave probably just invited him just like he invited us."

"He's on tour right now, Vi. Do you really think that Noel would drop everything JUST to go to one of Dave Grohl's parties, only to leave right after he was done speaking to you?"

Having no comeback, Violet simply shrugged. Isabell, who had always been the hopeless romantic, was been totally ridiculous. Noel Gallagher, stupid prick that he was, could have just about any women he wanted. He probably wouldn't want someone like her. He probably wouldn't even call.

RING RING.

Violet's eyes snapped to her phone, which was charging on the nightstand.

RING RING.

Could it be...

"Don't just stand there Vi! Answer it!" Isabella's voice brought her out of her trance, and she sprung into action.

She answered the phone. "Um, Hello?"

" 'ello, Hemingway."

It was him. "Hello, Gallagher."

"Told you I'd be in touch."

"So you did."

"Have you eaten?"

She blinked at the sudden question, but Violet checked her watch anyway. 12:00. She had not eaten since last night so she was starving. "No, I haven't."

"Well yer about to. What hotel are ya stayin' in?"

"I don't see how that's any of your business."

"Now don't be gettin' all difficult on me, Hemingway. Just fuckin' tell me."

"Wow, you sure know how to talk to women."

Even through the phone, she knew he was rolling his eyes. Noel let out a dramatic sigh. "Just. Fucking. Tell. Me."

She laughed out loud. It felt nice to be able to aggravate him instead of the other way around. "The Sheraton."

"Oi. Got it. See ya in a few, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that."

He chuckled. "Alright, sweetheart."

Then the line went dead.

Isabella was staring at her, expectant. "Well?"

Violet turned to stare at her best friend, eyes wide and a bit numb. "He's coming."