17

Fury was spreading around my body.

All I wanted was revenge from the evil witch.

I can promise you she shall get what she deserves, whether it by me, Caspian; Kyse or Quinn.

We all were walking through the forest looking to the ground, slowly dragging our feet and in deadly silence. Kyse was walking a little ahead with Caspian, whereas I stayed back, tears threatening to fall as I thought about another innocent man killed. The tears were full of anger and to be honest, fear.

As I looked around the forest we found a small bear laying on the floor. I picked it up and saw a blood stain on the back. I threw the bear to the ground. And grabbed my sword out, repeatedly attacking the tree in front of me. They must of killed children!

Caspian grabbed my hand, wrapped his arms around me tightly and looked to me.

"Olivia, stop it now" He said softy, yet sternly in my ear.

My body shuddered and seemed to shut down. It pained me to see so much sorrow, torture and pain that evil witch had caused to my country! My Narnia! My body was uncontrollably shaking with anger and to be frank, fear. I feared the unknown and what would happen. But it wasn't fear for what might happen to me. It was fear for what might happen to my people and most of all what might happen to Caspian. That's what scared me the most.

Night time came and we all sat around the fire, sleep over took me. my body momentarily shut down.

He smoothed back his greasy black hair, and laughed. Carefully the man walked forward towards him, staring at the floor, eyes wide in fear. "What do you want?" The voice was cold and cruel. His face showed no emotion at all, it was just a ghostly white mask. "N-nothin'. Really. I didn't want to cause any-" The man visibly shook in his shoes, his voice weak and trembling, "-Trouble. Well, I'm afraid you did. So..." For a moment, the man smiled, a proper smile, a happy smile, it flickered for a few seconds, then disappeared. Without another word, he flicked his hand towards the marble steps, and turned his back dismissively. His hands were thin, with pianist fingers, delicate and bony. Underneath a smart, tailor-made suit, his body was skeletal and thin. His nose was hooked and Grecian, his eyes a cold, merciless grey. The man paced up and down slowly, deep in thought, his eyes flickering back and forth between the winter sky through the window, and the cold stone floor.

For me a monster of a man is not purely evil, but someone who has human moments but can still kill/do whatever monsters do to people. 

I wake like I'm hooked up the mains. No sleepiness, no slow warming up. Within seconds of realizing I was unconscious I am on my feet, eyes wide, dreams not just forgotten but erased. I am drinking in the feedback of all my senses. Aside from my own noisy breath there is nothing to be heard and the woods are simply too dark to see much at all. Black trunks against an almost black backdrop doesn't make for much too see and my imagination begins to supply horrors to fill the void. After a minute or two the sound of running water permeates the inky blanket. I am near a brook.

I knew he was coming for me...

A brook would hide my scent, cover my tracks. I want to run, but it is with faltering steps and raised hands I move on, like a sick game of "blind man's bluff." I want to silence my feet, but all I do is step on twigs and kick stones. Then he grabs me. Shoves me to the ground. Screaming, shouting and mocking me.

Then that's when she comes out behind the shadows. She grabs me by the hair, drags me to a dark room with a white box in the middle of it. She throws me to the ground. The room is filled with the sound of her heals clicking against the floor, piercing my ears. Irritating me.

She reaches over to the box. Clasped the top of the handle and lifts the box off slowly. Slowly revealing a cut off head. She grins at me evilly and turns the head around.

I scream loud, as if it's my last scream in this world.

Caspian's head was on the gold platter.

"Olivia!" Caspian spoke as he shook me fairly vigorously to awake me from my nightmare.

I opened my eyes and grabbed onto his arms. Staring at him with tears in my eyes. The fear. The fear felt so real. He wrapped me into his arms and soothed me by softly stroking on my hair.

We stayed in silence with Caspian gently calming me down. I looked to him and leant my forehead on his, brushing his hair behind his ears, which calmed me down profusely.

The silence was not awkward. It was calming. I stared at his face. His handsome face. His eyes were brown, shiny and so captivating, that made me weak to the knees. They were so kind and gentle, which made me love him a 100 times more. His beard was a little messy but incredibly handsome and made him look a lot more grown up and mature. His long hair was so soft and looked so well on him.

I was so in love with this man. He was mine and no one else's.

***

Morning came.

I had calmed down so much since my horrible nightmare that almost mentally killed me.

Crawling out of Caspian's arms, I kissed him on the cheek and brushed him hair from his eyes. He stirred and smiled in his sleep.

Walking to the river that was near by I reached my hands into it and poured it in my hands. Putting it too many face, it cooled me and cleansed me.

That's when I heard a twig break. I smiled and laughed.

"Nice try Caspian" I giggled and turned around to see no one there.

I shrugged it off and drank out of my hands. When I was done I stood up, brushing the leaves off my dress and walked back to the others.

I walked past the bush and found some berries on the bush. Smiling I grabbed some in my hands and went to show the others what I had found.

"Hey guys!" I smiled looking down to the berries. "Look what I found!"

As I looked up I saw the three of them tied up and gags in their mouths.

I panicked slightly and ran over to them but was stopped by someone pulling me back quickly.

"No so fast..." I heard a female voice behind me. "Olivia"

I knew it.

It was her...