Chapter 13: Awake

The smoke cleared. That's when I regained all of my consciousness. "Mm..." I moved just barely and it hurt. I forced myself to sit up. When I did people started applauding. I looked behind me and noticed the crowed a little ways from me. I smiled and held up a peace sign. "I won." I tried to yell but it came out all deep and raspy. Police officers ran over to Mike, who was passed out on the ground. One officer was going to offer me a first aid kid but I denied him, this would all heal soon. Though I wasn't too sure about the spot where the metal piece was previously. I took deep breaths and looked into the night sky and saw the hundreds of stars in space. I slowly stood up, which was a bad idea. My legs felt like they would give out at any given moment.

     "Sophia!" A voice screamed out my name. Rachel. Michelle and Caitlin followed behind her. I smiled a little. I was actually pretty happy to see them.

     "Guys!" My voice was weak. What I predicted earlier actually happened. My legs gave out and I was about to fall to the ground, but Rachel caught me and lied me down on the ground like a worried mother. I looked up at my friends who sat in a circle around me. "You came."

     "Hell yea we did." Rachel said. I laughed a little. I slowly sat up and looked at Mike. He was cuffed and was being taken into an armored police car. I watched and pulled my arm, which was still shaking, closer to me as I rested my head on Rachel's shoulder. Usually she would likely shake me off. But considering the state I was in, she didn't mind. My two other friends noticed my arm shaking.

     "You gotta get your arm checked or something bro." Caitlin said.

     "Y-Yea..." I answered.

     "We need to bandage that up too. It looks like you were getting skinned alive! Is that gonna heal itself?!" Michelle yelled. I didn't move.

     "I-I dunno." To be honest, I was about to fall asleep. What I just said sounded like some foreign language. I was tired. And Rachel could tell, since she motioned Michelle and Caitlin to shut up. This time, for sure, I was positive that I had defeated Mike.