25 ; 章節

jimin spent the whole bus ride sitting in silence, listening to the rumble of the engine. then, on the cable car up the mountain, he found himself being squeezed next to the window; he took this as a mild blessing, since the public display of affection shown by couples of all ages were all but pleasant to look at.

once he had arrived at the top, he wandered around, seeing nobody that looked like yoongi. wondering just how early he had arrived, he checked his phone for the time.

3:47. a bit too early, apparently.

spotting a few empty chairs outside of the churro shop, he picked one and sat down, eyes taking in the scenery. couple locks threatening to let the railings collapse under their weight, there were equally as many couples to go with, linked hand in hand and enjoying the afternoon view.

even though he had taken a nap on the train, he still had to fight back a yawn, eyelids drooping. perhaps just a bit more sleep was needed.

---

"jimin," a familiar voice called out his name. whipping his head sideways so fast he nearly got whiplash, he saw yoongi standing there, stock still, without even so much as a twitch.

"yoongi? is something wrong?"
he asked, seeing the tired look on his face.

"no. but it will be. whatever you do, don't ever let go of my hand, okay?" with this, he took jimin's hand, grasping it firmly. his hand was cold to the touch. but jimin nodded nonetheless.

"do you like me, jimin?" yoongi asked, a question that jimin didn't know the answer to.

"you mean, as a friend?"

"if that's what you want to think."

"of course i do. why wouldn't i?"

"then tell me," he started.
"if i ever left you, would you still come and find me no matter what?"

jimin looked up, perplexed.
"why would you leave me? have i done something wrong?"

"you haven't done anything wrong, jimin," yoongi assured gently, voice softer than the breeze blowing through his hair. "i just hope that you'll find a way."

yoongi loosened his grasp, stepping back. he leaned back, vanishing over a ledge that jimin swore wasn't there mere moments ago.

"YOONGI!"

---

jimin's eyes opened wide in shock, a scream nearly breaking past his lips. it took him a few deep breaths to remember where he was.

what was that, exactly?
jimin didn't understand the meaning behind yoongi's words, but he decided not to let that get in the way of he and yoongi's meetup.

he noticed that the sky had visibly darkened, holding up his phone to text yoongi.

park jimin:
i'm here. have you
arrived yet? i can't
seem to find you.

min yoongi:
wait

park jimin:
???

read tuesday, 5:24pm