22 ; 章節

jimin could barely contain his giggles of excitement, slipping his phone into the pocket of his sweater. he wasn't sure if he was more nervous or happy at the thought of finally seeing yoongi. maybe a little bit of both.

maybe even a lot of both.

it was when he found himself suppressing a yawn that he finally realized just how little sleep he had last night. he had been unable to fall asleep like a grade schooler on the day before a field trip, practically hearing the anticipation pumping in a steady rhythm throughout his veins.

he plugged in his earphones, made himself as comfortable as he could in the seat of the train that was clearly in desperate need of cleaning, and decided to take a nap.

---

"next stop, seoul station. passengers wishing to get off at this stop, please check your personal belongings when you leave and we hope you have a nice day."

in the midst of drowsy panicking, jimin wondered how it was possible to be able to hear that when it normally might have taken a house fire for him to wake up.

grabbing his bag, he staggered onto the train platform, trying not to get pushed back in by the amount of businessmen who looked like they were all trying to squeeze past the tiny door at the same time.

for the most part, he avoided colliding with the large crowd, but just when he thought he was going to get by unscathed, he bumped hard against someone's shoulder and felt himself losing balance.

bracing for the impact that never came, jimin's eyes which had squeezed tightly shut on instinct fluttered open to meet a pair of kind, yet tired-looking ones staring back at him.

"you should be careful, it would be dangerous if you tripped," a cheery voice warned, coming from the lips of the man holding him in his arms.

studying his facial features since it was the main thing taking up jimin's vision, he noted that the man had kind brown eyes, although the corners that were crinkled up into a warm smile did nothing to cover up the dark bags under them.

the awkward silence finally kicking in, jimin quickly righted himself, forming an apology which had died in his throat as soon as it came when the man gave him one last smile before he was gone, disappearing and blending in with the people that were rushing in various directions in the busy station.

his gaze dropping to the ground, he spotted something that happened to catch the light from above. upon further inspection, he saw that it was a small four leaf clover shaped keychain, attached to a wallet. if jimin's instincts were trustworthy, the man had probably dropped it at some point.

he bent down, picking it up and opening it; he had zero intent on stealing the contents, no, he just felt like he needed to know if it really did belong to the kind stranger.
in the first wallet slot, there was a small slip of paper, folded in half.

'if found, please call 010-XXXX-XXXX'

no name, but at least a phone number. he continued his search.

surely enough, an id card was tucked safely away in the second slot of the wallet. taking it out and examining it, if the picture on the top left corner was proof enough, it indeed belonged to the man, with the same kind brown eyes, but minus the dark bags and a few years of age.

the small words on it read:

name: jung hoseok
birthday: february 18, 1994
gender: male