Chapter Two - Shocking

Start from the beginning

"Yeah it's alright she's coming too." I said while looking at the stairs. "There she is, now let's all go."

"Yeah let's go." My mum replied excitedly like a little kid going for an ice cream, then we all made our way to the door; my mum opened the door and then stopped while looking at my dad.

"Honey where are you going?" my dad asked while looking at my mum and us.

"We going shopping." My mum replied while looking at my dad.

"How can you leave me alone?" my dad while while smiling, you know that kind of smile to make someone feel sorry about you.

"Oh come on, you're not a little kid anymore, and by the way you aren't alone there's Mohamed and Ahmed at home you guys can go somewhere as well, right girls?" my mum said sarcastically. She really made us laugh, my dad was looking at her with a shocked expression on his face.

"Right mum." We all replied at the same time while laughing, Nadia loves my mum as her mother so do I, and then we left and closed the door behind us, I feel sorry for my dad, but it's okay us girls don't get a chance like this all the time like going shopping with our mother, but to be honest I think we do but I find it more fun when it's only girls.

After thirty minutes' walk we finally arrived, there was a lot of clothes but I didn't feel like buying anything, but I loved seeing my mum happy, she was smiling and joking with us so was Aimen, and that made me very happy. And I haven't seen them for ages.

"Khadija which one is better this one or this?" Aimen asked while looking at me, she showed me two sweaters the one at the right hand was white and purple and it was long sleeves, and the second one on the left hand was red and black short sleeves.

"To be honest with you Aimen I like the one at the right the purple and white sweater it's really good I love it." I answered while pointing at the sweater.

"You think so? Okay then I will get you this one." She said while smiling, but wait, did she just say she's buying that sweater for me? I think she did.

"It's not my birthday today." I replied because I was surprised she never got me anything before, unless it was my birthday.

"Don't worry I know, you always get me stuff but I never did so I thought I should get you this one, because you loved it remember that's what you said." She responded while smiling, yes I did say I loved it and I wasn't lying I did.

"You so sweet sister." I said while giving her a tight hug.

"I know but you're sweeter." She replied while hugging me back.

"Thank you." I said while smiling and then I let it go of her, my mum and Aimen went to the counter to pay for everything they bought, but I couldn't see Nadia anywhere, I love her so much she's my best friend more like my sister.

"Khadija, are you daydreaming again?" my mum asked while waving her hand at the front of my face.

"No mum I was just thinking where did Nadia go." I answered while looking at my mum.

"Then call her and ask her where she is, maybe she's somewhere in the shop." My mum suggested.

"Do you think so?" I asked mum.

"Of course." My mum replied while smiling, she's right I took my phone out to call Nadia to ask where she is.

"Hello." I said through the phone straight away as Nadia picked up.

"Hey, why are you calling me when I'm just right behind you?" She replied. What behind me? No wonder I couldn't find her.

"I know right." I said awkwardly as I looked back.