IX. Thoughts Just for Me

Yuri Katsuki here! Oh my god.....

I'm so nervous! The "competition" against Yuuri Plisetsky is a few days away, and he's arriving here to the hot springs!

I don't wanna lose Victor. But....
He promised to never let me go.

Airplane

"Yuuri.....Do you really have to fly all the way to Japan for this?" Mila pouted and pursed her red lip-stuck lips.

"Shut up, hag." Yuuri Plisetksy huffed back at the redhead as he crossed his arms, leaning back in his seat as the plane flew. "Hmph. That little pig will pay. To make Victor come to that stupid little Japan.....Tch. What about his promise?!" He clenched his fists in anger as the flight attendant came over. "Hello, sir! Would you like a bag of peanuts or chips?" She asked with a kind smile, holding a bag with a cute little tiger chibi image on it. Yuuri'a eyes sparkled before he took it, Mila holding in a laugh at the bipolar boy.

[Japan🇯🇵]

"Victor....." I mumbled out sleepily as I felt the over-familiar weight trapping me in the cushiony bed. I sighed softly as my face was close against Victor's bare chest. It's been like this forever since he came, really. He's been somehow clingy and I can't change that. Don't get me wrong though; it's not like I...don't like it. It's just a bit of a pain sometimes, haha.....

"Mm....But your so soft, Yuri...." Victor mumbled back lazily as he snuggled me closer to him. I sighed once more, lying still in his arms. I still don't see how he's warm enough with just that yukata on. Now that I think about it....My birthday is coming up. November 29th, and I'll be turning 24 years old. I wonder if Victor is gonna do anything for it. N-Not that it's that important or anything. I still have to train, I guess....So maybe we might not even think or do anything of it.

But.....It's different, this year.

____________

"Ah, apparently Yuuri Pli—"

"Hey." Mari-nee interrupted me, yawning as she grabbed her usual mug of coffee. "Always saying the 'Yuri's' and last names or whatever is so confusing and so on. Let's call him something different besides those and 'Russian Yuri'! " She groaned as Victor quickly nodded in agreement, getting a bowl of rice. "I agree. It is quite a predicament." He laughed as I sweatdropped.

"I've got it!" Mari snapped as she nodded with a wide, seemingly proud-looking grin. "We'll call him Yurio!" She exclaimed with a nod, myself meeting my face to my palm, sighing. Victor, on the other hand, was clapping like maniac as if she'd made a world discovery.

"Yurio it is! There is Yuri, and Yurio!" Mari's eyes flashed with a hearty laugh as I sighed, shaking my head. "Fine.....Anyways....."

I continued and chuckled slightly. "Yuu—I mean Yurio is on the plane now. By apparently, his flight has been delayed due to something. I don't remember much of the details though. Anyways, they won't be here til the 30th instead." I informed the two. Victor "ah"ed as Mari nodded and sighed. "Well good luck with that then. I'll go inform Minako and Yuko." She said as she walked out, Victor smiling back at me, now both of us alone once more.

"Hey, Victor.....Um....About tomorrow....." I mumbled and looked down, gulping nervously. Is it bad to bring up my birthday? I-I should just ignore it, right? I shouldn't say anything! It's not that big of a deal.....

"I—"

"Yuri." Victor casually interrupted as he leaned over and cupped my cheek, smiling softly and pecking my cheek with his soft lips. "Tomorrow is your 24th birthday, correct? We shall celebrate." He winked his flirtatious yet reassuring wink. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, my little piggy~" He giggled as he stood up, patting my head. I blushed deeply. '....Geez......'

__________
[Victor's PoV]

It's Yuri's birthday tomorrow; that's a very important day. I was sitting across from the cute piggy as he brought  up about tomorrow with his adorable little stuttering. I smiled back sweetly, assuring him that I indeed knew and wouldn't forget. I'd do something extra special just for him!

I said that....but.....WHAT SHOULD I GET HIM?!

My mind screamed out as I groaned. I sulked as I walked into the main room of the resort. I ran my fingers through my hair while I suddenly bumped into someone. My eyes widened once I glanced downward slightly and saw none other than Yuri's mother!

"Oh, my. I am very sorry...." I said with a face of angelic apology. Luckily she hadn't fallen. "I apologize, Miss Katsuki." I whispered as she smiled back sweetly at me. "Please, dearie! Call me Hiroko." She laughed softly. "And it's no problem. I'm just heading to the shrine quickly then to do my laundry."

Shrine.....?

"Please do not mind me asking, but—"

"Ah, follow me." Miss Kat—I mean Hiroko winked at me as she walked forward. I nodded, her apparently knowing what I was asking.

---------

"Ah....." My eyes widened as I stared at a tiny shrine, a picture of a poodle that looked almost identical to Makkachin when she was little. Yuri had a.....

"Yes, Yuri loved Victor dearly." Hiroko smiled sympathetically, nodding. "Feel free to do whatever. I'll be doing laundry." She winked before leaving off.

My lips were parted in awe as I stared.

Victor.....?

My lips were tight as I stared deeply at the picture. "Victor......." I whispered out softly.

Hello! Hope you like the story so far! Please support by following me and by voting or commenting!