Chapter 10: True Love

After the Christmas ball, the four families prepared for Noelle's coming of age birthday celebration. Today was finally the day where Noelle would turn eighteen, and would become an adult like the the other princes and princess. She had to announce the opening of the celebration, so she was extremely nervous. The celebration was in an hour, and every minute that passed made her more and more nervous. She sat in her room wearing a long blue ball gown, holding a piece of paper in her hands.

~Noelina~
  "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to my coming of age ceremony. I thank you all for coming on this special day, I hope you all enjoy your evening." I recited over and over again.

"This somehow gives me a huge feeling of deja vu." Raynor said, standing by the door.

"Hi Raynor." I greeted.

"Still nervous?" He asked.

"Even more than last time." I said. "I was younger before, so people would have understood if I made a mistake, but I'm eighteen now. They expect me to do my very best not to mess up."

"You'll be fine." He said. "It's only two sentences after all."

"It's more serious this time." I said. "It's a coming of age ceremony."

"By the way," He said, smirking. "The ball is in ten minutes."

"Urgh..." I growled at him. "Raynor!"

As soon as my grandmother called me to the stage, I tried my best not to panic. I saw all the people in the ballroom - there were even more than there were last time. I walked onto the stage, and everyone got quiet.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to my coming of age ceremony. I thank you all for coming on this special day, I hope you all enjoy your evening." I said. Everyone clapped. I sighed. It's over.

"See? It wasn't that hard." Raynor said.

"Yeah, thanks to your 'words of encouragement.'" I said, sarcasm in my voice. "The crowd is giving me shivers."

"I'm pretty sure you've survived it many times before." He said.

"Those times weren't as serious as it is now." I said.

"Shall we dance?" He asked. "Maybe it will make you less nervous."

"Of course." I said, taking his hand.

"Now it really reminds me of your coronation ball from before." He said. "We danced like this too."

"Yeah." I said. "How could I forget? I was even more nervous after what you told me."

"Well," He said, leaning closer. "will this make you nervous?" My face heated up.

"Y-Yeah."

"Haha, sorry." He said. "Just teasing you."

"Hmph."

"Well, I guess that didn't really help." I said. "I'll just go outside and get some fresh air."

"Okay." He said. "Be careful, it's cold."

"I'll be fine." I said.

  ~~~
The roof had been my favorite place since I came here. The sky was clear, and the moon showed itself.