Chapter 5: Winter

~Normal~
  The snow had already began to fall in the Magic Domain. Raynor had always disliked the cold, having coming from a warmer country, but Noelle was more used to it, having come from a colder country. She helped decorate the castle for Christmas, as it was just around the corner, as well as her birthday on the twenty-eighth. She hung up Christmas lights almost everywhere around the castle, and helped decorate the Christmas tree in the living room. She hung two wreaths on the front doors.

"Wow, you can really do so much in just a short period of time." Raynor said, walking in.

"I always helped decorate for Christmas." She said. "But just saying, the castle was definitely a challenge."

"Your birthday is coming up soon, isn't it?" He asked.

  "Yup!" She answered excitedly. "I'm finally gonna be eighteen! I'm still nervous about my coming of age ceremony though."

  "Don't worry, you'll be fine." He said. "You don't have to give any speeches, and I'm pretty sure you've already gotten used to birthday celebrations."

  "Thanks." She said, hanging the last ornament on the tree. "Finally, it's finished!"

  ~~~
  ~Noelina~
  I put on my jacket and headed outside. The winter here isn't as cold as the winter back home. The pond had frozen, and all four of us had agreed to go ice skating. I haven't used my skates in awhile, the last time I've used them were probably two years ago. I was surprised to see that they still fit me, or maybe I just never grew. Once I got to the pond, everyone was already there waiting. I put on my skates and walked awkwardly onto the ice. Once I stepped on it, I slipped and fell.

  "Ouch..." I murmured.

  "Are you okay?" Daphne asked.

  "I'm fine." I said. "I haven't skated in a while."

  "I'll teach you." She said. "Let's just say it's just like dancing. Your feet will follow a certain pattern that will keep you going."

  I wouldn't say I was the quickest person to pick up new things but I definitely had fun learning. Michael wasn't a good ice skater either, so we both tried our best to stay on our feet. We skated and fell and laughed together. Soon enough, it was already getting dark.

~Raynor~
  "I think we should get back in now." Daphne said. "It's getting dark."

  "I'll stay and practice some more." Noelle said. "I'm used to the cold, so I think I'll be fine."

  "I'll stay with her." I said.

  "Okay." Daphne said. "Raynor, don't plan on doing anything to her!"

  "Daphne!" I yelled.

  ~~~
  "The sky's so clear today." Noelle said.

  "Yeah."

  "Hey, I thought about what you said yesterday." She said.

  "What about it?" I asked.

  "Do you really love me?"

"Huh?!" I exclaimed, not expecting this to come from her. "W-Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering, if I did choose Eryx, would you hate me for doing so?" She said.

"Noelle, I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that question." I said. "Of course not."

"I'm just so confused right now." She said. "Both of you are expecting an answer, and I don't want one of you to be unhappy with my decision."

"You don't have to think about that." I said. "It's your decision. But you're a really nice person for considering our thoughts."

"I just don't want to seem selfish." She said. "I don't want to make a decision that doesn't satisfy both of you."

"Right now, I think it's Eryx or me that is being selfish." I said. "We want what we want, but we don't know what you think about the whole situation."

"I guess I'm gonna need more time to think." She said, untying her ice skates. "Well, should we head back in?"

"Yeah, it's getting late. Dinner's at seven." I said. "And Daphne's gonna have weird thoughts if we stay any longer."

"Haha, that is true."