Chapter 14: The borderline

Start from the beginning

'I say, aren't you way too easy to convince?!'

Well, after leaving the General's Manor along with my child unharmed. It is quite understandable that she believes that I have my ways. Still! Little lady, what do you even see me as. 

***

Early in the morning. We left the Shihu Inn, buying a luxurious carriage. After buying the carriage we immediately set out to leave the Qin Kingdom's Capital.

I was uncomfortably sitting on the carriage when one of my talisman froze, followed by three more.

All in all four paper talisman froze.

Oh... Too bad, in the end they choose loyalty over their lives. Boring.

The talismans which just froze are the pairs of talismans which I inserted on the Shadows head. The King is probably scared shitless now, and he would frantically try to find whoever is behind his Shadows death... After that talisman activates, the Shadows would have been froze alive, slowly freezing their internal organ until they turn into an ice sculpture.

--

After 3 days we finally reached the borderline of Qin Kingdom, the Smaol village.

I jumped off the carriage and stretched my body.

"Mama!" Ruzi peeked at the window of the carriage, his dark red hair, which I dyed, shone with luster, his eyes were pure like a white sheet of paper. Ruzi waved his hands towards me.

'Ohoh... My son will definitely grow to be a lady killer, huh.'

--

We settled in an inn. I plan to stay on this village for at least a month. I'll have to create a bunch of paper talisman, and also raise Sona's cultivation level. And since this is the border line the mountain is quite close by. In mountains, low ranked magical beasts usually lives, if any high ranked are spotted the nearest Kingdom will immediately sent an expedition to deal with it. I plan on trying ny skills on those low ranked magical beasts.

Inside the room, Sona arranged our necessities while I was reading an martial technique of an Earth Practitioner. After reading the content I threw it towards Sona, who perfectly caught it.

"Young mistress?" Sona looked at me with furrowed brows.

"It's yours." I lazily said as I rest my back on the couch.

"Eh? But I--" Sona was about to deny it before she saw the title of the book.

*Earth Mages manual*

"It's yours, I have no use in any Earth Mages manual." I said, snapping Sona back to reality. Sona looked at me with grateful eyes and--

"Thank you!" Sona sincerely bowed to me.

--
Night..

I looked at the small sleeping figure on my side, I rubbed Ruzi's head, before going out.

Now then. I leave the Inn and made my way to the nearest mountain.

'Hmm,hmm. It's scary. It feels like a ghost could jump out at any moment. Magical Beasts are fine, but ghosts are not.'

I casually walked around the forest until I reached the middle of it. I have already reached the middle of the forest and there's still no sign of any beast, even the lowest level of beasts are nowhere to be seen. Night time should be their most active times. Villagers are even complaining at how they couldn't sleep due to the beasts howls.

Then why haven't I met any beasts yet?

Oh?

Suddenly an immense pressure pressed down on me. I looked towards the direction where the Qi is slightly shaking.

'6th rank, Cloud Leopard?!' I feel like my heart just stopped...

I stood on my place and stared at the Cloud Leopard. It's injured!

*rustle*

Approximately 50 meters away on my right is a 6th rank; Wind Deer...

Seriously? Why didn't I pick up their movements before?

I throw that question at the back of my head as I started to back off, and abort the plan on testing my skills.

But, as if the two heard, they clashed, and rebutted each others skill, which coincidentally--

Why the hell is it making it's way towards me?!

My face paled as I concentrated qi on my feet and dodge the 6th rank wind deer's 'Air Blade', several centimeters of my hair were cut. The hell?!

I jumped again, and crouched down on the nearest tree, hiding my small figure and enshrouding my self with Qi, to hide my presence.

The Cloud leopard growled at the Wind Deer, showing off his sharp razor-like teeths. The Wind Deer just continued to measure the Cloud Leopard, it's eyes were red. The Wind Deer's abdomen is injured.

The two continued to measure each other, until the Cloud Leopard howled a fighting howl then dashed towards the Wind Deer.

The Wind Deer sent out several Wind Blades, the Leopard counter-attacked by slashing it. The Leopard's momentum stoppe, but the Wind Deer's attack isn't finished yet, as it sent out a surprise attack.

*shiiiii*

*Bam*

The Cloud Leopard flew, breaking many trees on process. After the last attack the Wind Deer, didn't bother to check whether the Cloud Leopard was dead or alive. It quickly dashed away from the scene...

I concentrated on the direction of the Leopard. After a long while, the Leopard's body twitched.

Run.

I also dashed off, completely aborting my plans.

Who said that 3rd rank beasts and below are the only one which lives here?

Why hasn't the kingdom sent an expedition to dispose these two beast.

I cursed the Kingdom as I run towards outside the forest.

***

After wasting my time on the damned forest, I had no choice but to go back to the inn to make new paper talismans.