Before the Feast

She had made it. After a month on the road. Josslyn could barely believe it, the whole trip she envisioned what Winterfell would be like. What the Starks were like and of course what Robb would be like. Everything had surpassed her expectations. She honestly did not want to get her hopes up so she expected the worst but that is not what she got. Winterfell was not a dark gloomy dungeon she heard it would be. All of the Starks were so welcoming and kind, and then there was Robb.

Jocelyn hadn't wanted to get her hopes up when it can to her betroth, but it was only natural to envision. She had pictured him as this serious hard young lord, but after seeing and how he had reacted to meeting her she knew that he was just a boy who was just a nervous as she was meeting his betrothed.

For some reason that set her more at ease to know that she was not the only one who  was nervous about meeting. But now she was nervous for another reason.

Josslyn had been so deep in thought that she had not heard Layra speaking to her.

"Josslyn... Josslyn are you listening to me?"  She finally snapped out of her own head and looked into Layra's eyes. " I'm sorry what did you say?" Josslyn asked.

Layra just laughed softly, she could tell her friend was lost in her thoughts. "I asked you what do you think of Robb, I think he was handsome, goofy but quite handsome." She said with a smirk.

"Stop it Layra, he's just nervous, I am too." She said knowing how he was feeling. Smiling at the thought of how cute Robb was when he stuttered out her welcome she couldn't help but giggle when he said it. Josslyn felt somewhat bad about it but it just made her smile at Robb's reaction.

Layra just continued to smirk at her oldest friend, knowing that Josslyn is realizing that this marriage will not be the worst thing to happen.

"Ok, ok I apologize, but I'll tell you one thing, he is quite handsome and so is his brother." Layra stated.

"Who Bran or Rickon?" Josslyn asked Layra laughed and threw a pillow at a smiling Josslyn. "Neither I'm talking about the other one, Jon Snow, so quiet the strong silent type I think."

Josslyn just shook her head. "Layra don't,"  "don't what?" she asked.
"I know you and I know how your brain works so I say again don't."

"Whatever you say my lady" the brunette joked with the laugh and a small curtsy.  The two shared a laugh before Layra begins gathering Josslyn's garments together. "Now let's get you ready for the feast, you need to look your best when seeing your new husband."

"he's not my husband" Josslyn began to argue as she threw a pair of stockings at Layra. "yet, he is not your husband yet!" Layra shot back as she caught the stockings. "Now lets get you ready."

Layra helped Josslyn freshen up and redressed in her pink gown. Afterwards they both sat in the bed talking and laughing with one another, they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

Layra opened the door with Josslyn slightly behind her. As soon as the door was open Josslyn saw that it was her brother,Jaime. Seeing him at her door made he uneasy. She knew he would never hurt her but she still could not look at him without seeing him kill those men. She couldn't even look him in the eyes and by the hurt look on his face Jaime could tell what she was thinking.

~~~~~~~~~
I'm am the worst, sorry it has been soooooooo long without an update. It will not happen again. So please accept my apology and enjoy this chapter!! You all are the best!❤️❤️
12-18-16 cj
Unedited!!