Your Duty

Your Duty

Why!?! Why do I have to marry her!" Robb yelled. "You always told me I would get a say in who I was to marry, and now I'm just supposed to marry a complete stranger! A Lannister!" The young wolf countiued to yell at his parents. The trio stood in the study, Ned knew he and Catelyn could no longer put off telling their oldest son that he was to marry. The King felt it was time for the Lannisters and the Starks to put their animosity past them and the best way he felt was to join the two families by marriage.

"Robb, please," Catelyn tired to calm her son.
"No mother, she is a Lannister! They are all they same, power hungry, venomous snakes, I will not marry her!" Robb shouted back!
"Son I understand how you are feeling, marrying someone you don't know, but it is your duty" Ned stated "you are upset, understandably but you will not speak to your mother I such a way, I will not allow it. Now you are to marry Josslyn Lannister and I will not hear anymore about it, understood?"

Robb was upset but he had never in his 18 almost 19 years had spoken to his mother this way, he knew it was not her fault. It wasn't even his fathers fault but they were the closest people around. After everything he has heard about all Lannisters he knew that he wanted nothing to do with this girl. But he could say anything more to his father.
"Yes father, mother I am sorry"  all Catelyn did was a small nod, forgiving everything he had just said.
"Now Robb go find masts I need to speak with your father."
"Yes mother, father I will only marry her because it is my duty, do not expect me to care for her." Giving his parents one last look and took his leave from the study.

As soon as she heard the door close Catelyn turned towards he husband

"Ned there has to be something you can do,"
Lord Stark let out a deep sigh. He hated to see his son forced into a marriage that wasn't wanted but there was nothing he could do.
"Cate there is nothing I can do, Robert feels that this marriage is a good match, bringing the Starks and the Lannisters together, creating a strong bond between North and South through marriage."

"Then have him pick another family!" She raised her voice.
"You know that won't happen, and even if there was another family I can not go against me king and Robert would not change his mind you know him."

"Then speak with Tywin Lannister, he will not allow his daughter to a Northerner!" She pleaded.

" my dear sweet wife, he has already agreed to this Union."

Catelyn was not sure how to take that, The  Lannisters hated the Starks, and the feels your quite mutual. Why did he want his daughter to marry her son.
"Cate, I know you are upset because Robb is, but I assure you it will all work out. Jon Arryan wrote me after he heard about the union, and he also believes it is a good match. Robb only feels the way he does towards the Lannisters because of me and that is my fault, but Josslyn is just a girl and is not her father or her brother. I truly believe they could be happy with one another, they just need to be open to it. And we will be there for them to help guide them." He walks towards her and snakes his arm around her waist pulling her close up against his body, cupping her face with his dominant hand. "There was once a time you weren't to happy to be married to me and look how that turned out." Giving her the famous Stark smirk.

"Ned Stark don't you dare give me look, I know that you and I were not in the same situation." She says as she smack his hard chest playfully and then lays her head onto his chest.

"No you right it is different, but there have been worst matches that have turned out very successful and we will be here to help them through the challenges they will face. And gods willing they will be as happy and blessed as we are."
With that he seals it with a kiss.
"I love you Ned Stark."
"And I love you Catelyn Stark"

4/20/16
Thank you so much for all the support I do apologize for the length of time between updates. I got lazy, I do apologize it will not happen again. Robb wasn't in it a lot but do not worry there is more to come. Please let me know what you think. This is not edited sorry for any grammar mistakes