September 31 the phone call October 26 thank God for Sydney Forest

A man answered the phone. His name won't be mentioned here for legal reasons. Here's a rough version (A.K.A what I can remember) of the phone conversation:

Guy: Hello, this is Bristol Media, how may I help you?

Me: Yes, hello sir, I was wondering if you could tell me why the rock opera film "Temptation" was never released?

(Five seconds of silence)

Guy: (nervously) I'm sorry, I- I don't have that information, ou-our job was to sell the film only.

me: ok. Thank you for your time.

(guy hangs up quickly)

Yeah, that was a strange conversation... to say the least. Well I have no social life, and constantly hide in my room all day, so when I got home, I just started emailing all those who had worked on the movie. I do mean it, I went onto IMDB and over the course of two days, I looked up the people and found any bit of contact information I could get on the cast and crew. Phone numbers, emails, anything to lead me to anywhere. After making a list of all of the people I could find, I spent three months contacting people. Phone conversations? Most wouldn't be the people I was looking for, and if they did pick up it would Lead nowhere. Emails? No one answered me. I was about ready to give up. i mean i just saw no reason to go on. I was ready to believe the video and let it remain in the void of movies no one cares about. Three months and I couldn't find anything.

That was until one of the two writers; Mrs. Sydney Forest, emailed me back:

"not sure myself, we are the writers and after it was filmed it all fell out of our control and into the director and producer's hands and just never got out there...

We still have hopes that it will find a place in this world someday...or maybe reworked as a live, multimedia stage show :)

Thanks for your interest!"

Well that was nice. I decided to ask her, if she had time, to tell me about writing this movie. She seemed more then happy to talk about her experience. Her response:

"I was a songwriter for Disney Publishing at the time and had a song in the movie "Simply Irresistible"....the director of that movie had a lifelong passion to do a rock opera movie about a modern telling of the Faust story and hired my husband and I to write it. My husband had never listened to a musical in his life and was in a rock band...I grew up doing musicals but had switched over to writing my own material and pop/acoustic artistic songs for Disney.

We were given the basic story, piece by piece, and wrote it in sequence and used loops and sounds to weave in and out of songs. Because there was is no substantial dialogue in a rock opera, everything had to be sung or rhythmically talked...so we found our way through a mixture of loops and melodies that helped up try to get the story across. There is a rawness of not knowing what we were doing and not having any road maps or similar musicals to draw from...and this was before movie musicals were a "thing" - pre dancer in the dark or moulin rouge. Some of our demos were so wrong they were right - experimenting in the middle of the night...there is a true blend of raw rock and quirky pop that got many of the top Broadway actors excited about the music. It was great to not have to stick to one style when writing, unlike our other personal pursuits in a rock band and as an artist. We felt the freedom to write anything...

Hope that helps? "

woah... that was incredible! so came the ultimate question: "Could you send me some demos?" And yes, She sent me the demos to Temptation. I get sent this link to their demo of the rock opera, The entire show. They put it on bandcamp in 2012.

http://temptationthemusical.bandcamp.com/album/temptation-act-1

yeah. enjoy. Or continue reading. Or both. But either way, I found the "script" for the movie in the form of a soundtrack from the writers.