Chapter Six: Friendsgiving (Part Two)

Ok so Heathers (the movie and musical) is just so iconic I can't believe I've never cared about it until now.

Phantom of the Opera was also really good I loved the cast and the chandelier had me SHOOK.

To everyone who took Legacy out of their libraries: I updated another little chapter and it's about Angelica so please check it out!

Ily all ❤️❤️
****
John's POV

"Please stop calling me," Aaron Burr grumbled, staring at us angrily through the computer screen. His girlfriend sat slightly out of frame. The only parts visible were her curly mane of hair, her hand clutching Aaron's, and an inch of her severe frown. Apparently our constant calls and texts interrupted their special couple time.

"We have a present for you!" I announced, grabbing Alex's hand and pulling him close to me. "Alex, say hello to Aaron Burr! You two used to hate each other."

"Used to?" Aaron Burr raised a brow. "No offense, but he's kind of the reason I'm not making out with my amazing girlfriend at the moment, so I'm sorry to say Alex isn't exactly at the top of my list at the moment."

Alex rubbed his nose and peered awkwardly at Aaron. "I'm sorry, I don't remember you." He mumbled.

Aaron raised a brow and moved a little closer to his laptop, looking at Alex through the screen with a concerned look on his face. "Damn." He whispered. "Alexander Hamilton. I never thought I'd see you again, man. You really are screwed to shit though, aren't you?"

Eliza placed a hand on Alex's shoulder. "We were hoping you could kind of fill in the blanks of Alex's story. I mean, you were one of his best friends."

"Weren't you his girl though? Can't you help him?" Aaron asked.

Eliza bit her lip and removed her hand from Alex's shoulder. "I was kind of a shitty girlfriend." She admitted. Well duh.

"Where to begin?" Aaron laughed and shook his head. "You were something else, Alexander. An illegal immigrant sent over from the Caribbean. Your mother worked for years to pay for your ticket and fake ID. How is she, anyways? And your cousin Usnavi? They were devastated at your....uh, your funeral."

"They both committed suicide." Alex said dryly.

Aaron's face fell instantly. "Alex." He reached out to touch the screen. "Oh god Alex, I'm so sorry."

Alex shrugged. "It's okay. I don't even remember them that much. I don't remember anything, really. That's why I was kind of hoping you could help me out here."

"Well what do you want to know?" I could tell Aaron was uncomfortable by the way he was gripping his girlfriends thigh and grimacing, but Alex had still managed to break him down. Alex seemed to be Burr's only soft spot.

Huh. Nothing has changed.

"Anything." Alex begged, the desperation in his voice obvious.

"Your favorite food is fish tacos." Aaron Burr offered, a small smile on his face. "But only from this shitty little taco truck that came by once a week. And you were a whiz in chemistry but sucked complete ass in English. You got made fun of because of your accent and punched Thomas Jefferson in the face once when he tried to deport you. You pretended to hate Starbucks and called it a 'disgusting, mainstream, capitalist money maker' but once you made John sprint there to get a half-off frap for you on Presidents Day. You called me at two in the morning once, drunk out of your mind, asking to borrow my Kanye mixtape. I dont have a Kanye mixtape, by the way. Also, you cried in the theatre when you took Eliza to see Frozen. I made fun of you for that for weeks."

Alex looked away, a tear in his eye. "Thank you." He whispered.

Angelica placed her hands on his shoulders. "Hey." She whispered softly. "Why are you crying?"

"Because I hate fish tacos." Alex hung his head. "Chemistry doesn't make sense to me, I'm losing my accent, and I don't even know what Frozen is. I'm sorry. I know you all wanted your friend back but....I'm not myself anymore. I'm sorry. I'm not that Alex."

"Yes you are!" Eliza rushed forward and gripped his hand. "Alex, please. I know you can remember, you just need our help! Just try, just do it for me, that would be enough if you would only try..."

"Eliza." Laf stepped forward and pulled her away. "Please give the man some space." She pouted but stepped back.

"Alexander." George Washington stood up from his chair at the kitchen table. "I understand that this is hard for you. But it's hard for us, too. Especially for me." George took a deep breath. "If you can't remember, then that's fine. But let us all back in. Let's start off fresh. You were my best friend, Alexander. I'm not letting you go that easily."

Alex smiled. "Friends, then?" He looked around at all of us.

"Friends." Washington replied happily, and the rest of us echoed it, except for Burr.

"I feel horrible for missing out on this moment and all, but Alexander Hamilton almost ruined my life. Remember?" He reminded us.

His girlfriend elbowed him sharply. "Aaron!" She scolded. "Apologize this instant or you ain't getting anything tonight."

"Anything?" Burr whined. She nodded, and he turned back to the screen.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Aaron sighed. "Of course we can be friends again Alex, even though you were kind of a douchebag and turned all my friends against me-"

Aaron's girlfriend cut him off. "I'm going to say goodbye before he ruins this night for both of us." She laughed awkwardly and ended the Skype call.

I looked around happily. "The squad is back together!" I said with a huge grin.

"Until we all leave tomorrow morning." Herc reminded me. 

I shook my head at him and chuckled. I missed my friends. I really, really missed them. But I missed Alexander most of all.

Suddenly none of the bullshit mattered. It didn't matter that Eliza was eyeing Alex like a piece of meat, or that Alex didn't remember me, or that I was unhealthily addicted to Alexander Hamilton. I just needed him in my life. And I had him. I had my love back.

And there was no way in hell I was ever letting him go.