Chapter three: I Tell The Truth

Chapter three: I tell the truth.

"Now who here can name a few of Zeus's children?" Mr. Brunner asked, seeming real hyped up on sugar. I chuckled and shook my head. "Yes  Miss Chase?" Mr. Brunner said. "Oh nothing Mr. Brunner, and please, call me Ken." I said and he smiled. "Well then, Ken, would you mind naming a few of Zeus's children?" He's gonna make me answer this, isn't he? Oh well. *sigh*. "Uh, the only children I can think of right now is Ares, the war god, and the twins, Apollo and Artemis. The virgin-moon goddess/huntress, and her brother the god of poems and Sun." I spoke in an un-known tone. He gave me a thumbs up and I shot him back one of those little one-fingered hand gun things.        

   Today is my first Friday at this school. This place is very interesting. This week I have learned a few things. Well, you remember that cute boy Percy? Well he's a "trouble-maker" apparently. And then I learned that his friend's name is Grover. For some reason I feel like I have this weird connection with them. I can't explain it. It's like we're linked somehow. Idk. I think I might be going crazy. Did you know that I have all classes but one with Percy? And then the only one I don't have with him, I have with Grover? Wow man. Oh well. Whatevs. I need to get on with my life.

   I could feel eyes burning in the back of my head, and I turned around to see that it was Percy, just a few seats away. I gave him a little 'hi' to embarrass him by letting him know I caught his staring, and then I turned back around in my seat. I can feel his slight blush. Okay, that's insane. How can I "feel" him blushing?!? This is getting pretty creepy!

 Okay, this is it. "Kendra, did you hear me?" Mr. Brunner asks. "Oh yeah, sorry. The Kronos ate Hades. Got it." I say in my normal voice. I hear a few gasps, and look around to see LizBeth has a knowing smile on her face, and that Percy does also. How in the world? Oh who cares. "May you repeat that please?" Mr. Bruner asks raising an eyebrow. I smile. "Sure. Kronos ate Hades. Got it." I say, and I hear a few more gasps. I try not to laugh. Mr. Brunner makes a face and then gets back to teaching the lesson.  I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around. Some kid behind me hands me a note and Then points to Percy. I nod and turn back around to face the front. I unfold the paper.

   '??" Was all it had on the note. I quietly chuckled. I look back at him and he gives me one of those 'What?!?!' looks. I just shake my head at him with another low chuckle.

   'What do you mean?' Is what I wrote back, and handed the note to the person behind me with a gesture to Percy, knowing exactly what he meant. I was gonna have fun with this one. I turn around just in time to see his reaction to my note. He shakes his eyes and rolls his head. Or was it the other way around? Did he roll his eyes and shake his head? Maybe. I think so. He quickly writes back and sends the paper to me.

  'You know exactly what I mean'. Was his response.

  'Aw, your no fun. You could have just let me play dumb for a bit.' I wrote back and quickly sent it. I got the note back seconds later.

   'Please, just answer.'

  'Fine! I was just playing around with that fake accent thing for a while. There. Happy?' I reply. When he gets the note he looks at me and does that whole, 'shame on you' thing, with the two fingers. I just smirk.

"So wait, that accent was fake?" Emma says, sounding disappointed. "Yeppers." I say, and head to the bathroom in our dorm. "It was fun for a while, but then I decided to drop it. And besides, it's not like I lied to you guys or anything, I just pronounced my words differently. I never said it was my real one, I never said I was from a different country, or anything like that." And then I close the door.