Chapter One- I meet my New world

Hey. My name is Kendra Alicia Chase, and I am- supposedly- a snotty , stuck-up, and uptight rich kid that goes to boarding schools, and is always top of the class.  .. Which, in a way, is partially true. My dad owns a computer company, I am currently sitting in my dad's Ford Fusion, and I am a born natural at remembering equations and am really good at science and all my subjects.

 DISCLAIMER: later on you will probably notice that I say the word “like” a lot, and it probably seems that I'm not as educated as I am, but trust me, I'm way too smart to be stuck with these 12 year olds. So I shall apologize early.
  Oh, and you know what DOESN'T help the fact that I'm smart? The fact that my dad's got money. I've got a one-of-a-kind family situation, it's just me and my dad, but I was adopted. Little Orphan Annie style, except I was a baby. Well, now your probably thinking; 'What? Why would a single man want to adopt?!? Is he crazy?' Well yes, he was crazy. But not in the way you might think.

  He fell in love.

He fell deeply in love with a woman, and they adopted me, because she couldn't have children of her own, and then two months after adopting me as a three-month old, she left him. Without a trace. They had been together for a year, sure she hadn't been around too much because of her job, but they had made this big commitment- they had me- and daddy says that he thought everything was fine, but one morning she left for work, and then just never came home. Two weeks later there was a note left on his door-step that tried to explain. He says he was so upset he just put it through the shredder without even reading it.

  Well, you can imagine how awkward it was the day I started my first period, only having a dad and all.

Sorry, just had to put that in there, thought it might be funny.

ANYWHO, today is my first day at Yancy Academy, the boarding school for snoots. Daddy decided he wanted to see how it affected my behavior. Being the awkward type of man that he is, he didn't even know why this was supposedly a good decision for me, he just had read something about it in the 'Mothers Weekly'. I love my father, don't you?

  So here I am, three weeks before winter vacation, stepping out of the car and turning towards the towering building only to gape at it's mass. If you asked me how I happened to find my way here, my answer would be I may never know.

Oh and hey, did I tell you I'm trying to come my first day in school using my fake British accent? Lol I'm gonna make everyone think I'm posh for my first few days of school! There's only one minor flaw to my plan.... My British accent sounds more like Australian.....

  I was in a little dress with a black top, red plaid skirt, and a white collar. My accessories were a black belt, black flats, white tights, and a red hair band, with my silky multi-colored past shoulder-length hair straightened and curled at the tips. I looked like a frickin catholic school girl- all except the pink neon streaks and partially natural black lowlights in my hair of course. Dad said it makes me resemble Avril Lavigne, but I don't mind because I like it.

  I rolled my two red plaid suitcases and my bag slung across my torso up to the top of the short staircase to the front door of the enormous building. "This is it Dad." I sighed. He gave me a hug. "I'm gonna miss you." And with that he opens the door and holds it open for me to walk inside. There were people sitting on a staircase looking bored. They turned their heads and stood up, straightening their clothes out.
  "Ah yes you must be Miss Chase." One of the tall ladies said, reaching her hand out for me to shake. She reminded me too much of that evil photographer on Hannah Montana, you know, the one who gave Miley a zit on the billboard. This thought made me suppress a shiver. I shook her hand. "Yes, that would be me. And you are?" I greeted politely, in my fake British accent. "My name is Ms. Rosemary. How do you do?" "Fine thank you." And with that her and the other adults started talking to my dad.

   I looked around the massive grand entrance, and sighed once again. I shouldn't be here. I should be in eighth grade, learning pre-algebra, but no, I am going to be repeating the sixth grade because I didn't care enough to apply myself last year when I skipped the fifth grade.

"Um excuse me miss Cha-" said Ms. Rosemary. "Please, call me Kendra." I interrupted. "Well then, Kendra, would you like to be shown to your dorm? You will be sharing it with the most lovely girls." She says with that strange and somewhat posh accent of hers. I have absolutely no idea where it's from. An older woman, seeming about fifty or sixty, wearing black biker clothes, leather jacket and all, grabbed my hand and said, "Yes, Miss Chase, let's show you to your room." In a slightly raspy voice. I could tell that her voice was naturally stern, and that she was trying to make it seem friendly. Aw, what a sweet thing to do. "Yes please, thank you Miss...?" I trailed off, not knowing what to call her. "My name is Mrs. Dodds." She said. "Well then thank you Mrs. Dodds." I said and she cracked a small smile on her chapped lips.

*.*

   "These are your roommates. Kendra, meet Nancy, Emma, and LizBeth." Ms. Rosemary introduced. A slightly chubby red-head with covered in angel kisses (freckles) came up to me. "Hi I'm Nancy." She said with an obnoxious voice, trying to take up a sophisticated tone. It didn't really work. But that's okay. I'm not gonna judge her at first meet. I'm gonna get to know her... I feel like I'm judging her... Uh oh... *bites nails* "Nice to meet you, N-Nancy." I reply, trying to keep my composure.

  Very gracefully, a tall blonde with very silky long straight hair comes up to me as Nancy sits back down. "Hello. I'm Emma." She says in a very pleasant manner and sticking out her hand to shake. I smile at her and shake her hand back. "Pleasure to meet you." I say.
  Then comes up to me a medium-sized long haired brunette that looked so laid-back I could drop to my knees and thank her for existing. I know, dramatic right? Well, I didn't feel so. I was so glad that I would be rooming with an average-looking middle-schooler. She takes my hand and pulls me into a bro-hug. That's what I call the whole, 'clasp hands, pull each other closer and pat on the back' thing that guys do. Oh my gosh I think I might just be insane! "Hey I'm LizBeth." She said as we pull apart. At this time I almost let go of my accent and perfect posture and just say 'sup.' but I couldn't.

This was all part of my evil plan! Mwahahaha!

No, I'm just kidding. No evil plan.

That would be epic though.

Hey, did you notice how I'm always trailing off and talking about random stuff while I'm in the middle of something else? Well ats cuz I'm ADD. Yepsters. Ats me. I'm also ADHD and Dyslexic, but that doesn't matter, I've been working really hard to get over the Dyslexia by reading practically non-stop, and I eat as healthy as I possibly can so that I don't need to take pills for my ADHD. I'm all good, I can control most of this crap. Whatever. "Hi." I say to LizBeth, managing to keep up with the accent. She lifts her chin. Yes! Someone up there loves me! Someone up in the big blue sky, baby! Thank you guardian angel for regular people! In two days, this girl will become my best friend. This girl, is gonna be the only thing that's gonna help me live through this. Just watch. 

 I go and unpack my things. Now, I've always said that I keep my entire bathroom in just a pocket of my backpack, so just imagine what I brought in two, GIGANTIC suitcases. Now, since I am living at school, I don't have to keep all of my equipment in my backpack, only the essentials. Yay me.

Now, this dorm, it's kind of like, really awesome. Okay, so there's like this little, ten by eleven living room with a small couch, two foldable chairs, coffee table, and a miniature tv. And of course a really cute kitchenette near the entryway. But then, it like opens up through a short hallway, and there's four big sections (as in our bedrooms) that have like their little corners and beautiful curtains separating them, the rooms being slightly bigger than the living room. And the walls are an off-white, maybe a beige-ish color, with cherry wood panneling, and the floor is this beige smooth carpet, and the light came through the windows perfectly. The drapes giving it just the right amount of shade, and it was just so warm.. This was amazing, just amazing. I loved it. And then like, in the far end of the room is a white door, and it opens up to the bathroom. The bathroom had two sinks, and then by the two sinks was a door that led to the toilet and shower. This place was beautiful.