Chapter 9: Being Careless Drives You Mad

(Nathan and Lara returned to their rooms and Sam saw them.)

Sam: "Well done, brother. Hey, Sully, they came back."

Sully: "Really?" (He looked through the screen door and he smiled.)

Sully: "Well, put my socks on fire. They did return. Great job, kid." (They both went outside.)

Sam: "Guys, you made it back."

Nathan: "Yeah, we were lucky. I'm surprised we didn't get caught with wildlife or Vaas's soldiers."

Sully: "I wanted to come with you, Nate, but I didn't."

Nathan: "That's fine, Sully. I handled it anyway." (Sully looks at Lara.)

Sully: "How you feeling, kid?"

Lara: "I'm alright. I guess this island is getting to me. It's not the first time I've been on an island."

Sully: "True." (They heard footsteps in the bushes and plants.)

Nathan: "Okay, we better get to sleep before crazy, jungle, maniac drughead comes here and get us."

Sam: "Yep."

Sully: "Night, kids."

All: "Good night." (It all got silent in the quiet jungle. Morning has approached in everyone's face and they covered their faces with the sheets. Vaas came up and blew the horn.)

Vaas: "Rise and shine, amigos and chica! Breakfast time on me!" (Nathan, Sully and Lara got up alarmed except Sam who was still asleep. Vaas looked upset.)

Vaas: "Yo, amigo! Wake your a** up! Breakfast time. Hello?!" (Sam still didn't wake up from all that yelling. So, Vaas came up with a better idea. He puts his horn close to Sam's eardrum and blew hard on the horn. Sam woke up in straight alarm, panicking.)

Sam: "AHHHH!" (Sam fell off his bed and hits his head.)

Vaas: "You're awake! Yay! It worked!"

Sam: "What the hell is your problem?"

Vaas: "A lot of things, bro. A lot of f****** things. Let's go eat breakfast. Follow me!" (The crew followed Vaas to the table by the beach and the table was covered in sand.)

Vaas: "Really? Sand on the f****** table?"

Sully: "Maybe it's just dirty."

Vaas: "Maybe you should f****** help me instead of just sitting there staring at me." (Nathan and Sully looked at each other and then Vaas rolled his eyes.)

Vaas: "Oh my f****** lord. HELP!" (Then Nathan and Sully got up and started to help.)

Nathan: "Alright. Calm down, we'll help." (Lara was exploring the beach and looked at the ocean. Sam was looking for coconut milk.)

Lara: (thoughts) "There's the ocean so blue. We could've just escaped with no problem. Oh, that's right, Sully can't swim that well. Damn it! There has to be a way off this island. I don't think I can stay here much longer."

Sully: "I think we got the table cleared off now."

Nathan: "Yeah, I think so too. Hey, Vaas, can I speak with you for one second please?"

Vaas: "Sure, amigo. Hey, grandpappy! Don't you think of something stupid!"

Sully: "I'm not and I'm not a grandpappy!"

Vaas: "That guy's funny. I might let him stay another couple days and the babe too." (Nathan was burning with rage inside, but he didn't show it with emotions.)