Chapter 6

I woke up from a particularly nasty vision about Voldemort where he tortured me. I surveyed my body. All I could see were bruises, and I thought I was in the clear. That is until I started coughing.

Coughing up blood.

I wiped the trickle away from my mouth and headed into the bathroom, which connected to my room. I stared at my self.

My eyes were wild and had a crazed look masked behind the sanity. My ginger hair was so knotted that it only reached my shoulders when it normally reached my mid back. My skin, a pasty white, had purple splotches everywhere. I was really thin, and medium height. It was time to get to work. I brushed the knots out of my hair, concealed my bruises, brushed my teeth and got dressed. The only problem I had now was that every time I coughed, blood came out of my mouth.

I conjured up a pair of shoes and put them on, checking my thin mint watch for the time. Only eight, so I hadn't slept in atrociously. I looked back at myself.

My hair was now sleek and shiny. The bruises were gone, but the dark bags remained. The crazed look was masked by an aura of calm. The bright clothes masked my paleness.

I silently walked down all five flights of stairs, being careful mot to wake anyone who might be awake.

I got to the kitchen, to find no children but a majority of the adults. Sev was here today again, I think there was going to be a meeting before breakfast. Remus gave me a careful smile and I raised my eyes at him. Sirius looked at me for a second, reminiscing, then gave me a huge smile.

Dumbledore walked in and looked straight at me. "Good you're here Violet, now we can have a mini meeting. Why don't you tell us how Harry is doing?" Dumbledore asked me.

"He's upset, mopey, depressed, and not practicing good hygiene. The- ohh what were they called- the Dursleys locked him up in his room and he hasn't gotten out of bed in say, three days? Yeah he's pretty mad at all of you," I said.

"When do you think it will be wise to go get him?" Remus asked.

"Tonight," Dumbledore replied. "I can't keep him there any longer."

"Who all is going to go?" Sirius asked excitedly.

"Remus, Alastor, Tonks, Sturgis, Kingsley, Elphias, Dedalus, and Emneline," Dumbledore replied. Sirius looked upset but I wasn't too put out. I knew that it wouldn't be good for me to go instead of a highly qualified aurror.

"Violet, you don't want to go?" Sev asked.

I laughed. "No, Sev, it will be better if Harry doesn't meet me until later. And I don't need to go to see what is going on."

"Well then, our meeting is dismissed. I won't be able attend the one this evening, but you can go ahead and have it without me," Dumbledore strode out. Sev stood up.

"I be back tomorrow to pick you up, okay Violet?" Sev turned to me. I have a nod.

The rest of the day went smoothly. The nights meeting went well, I told the others when they were getting back, basically giving a play by play. Mrs. Weasley walked out to show him to Ron and Hermione.

"Now, we might have to tell him something that he will be living in headquarters," Sirius said.

"We can figure that out when he asks you Sirius. Just remember, don't tell him more than he needs to know. We can't have him knowing about the prophecy yet. Not until Dumbledore gives us the go ahead," Mrs. Weasley said.

"Right, I think we're good on the meeting. We didn't have much to discuss. Who wants to go get the kids?" Remus asked.

"I'll do it. I'm trying to bond with them and I'm dying to see Harry again," I stood up and left the room. I had no idea where they were, but I followed the yelling.

I made a stop in the bathroom to cough up all the blood I had been holding in. I reached the door in front of where the shouting has been the loudest. Knocking softly, I stood outside of the door keeping an eye out of Kreature.

"Come in!" Hermione, I think, said.

I pushed opened the heavy door. "Oh good, all of the gingers are in here. I've never had to use stairs before, still adjusting," I panted.

"We were looking for you, Ginny said. "Where were you?"

"In the meeting," I replied. Fred and George made small sounds of envy.

"I don't mean to be rude," Harry began, "but who are you?"

"Violet Snape. Pleased to meet you," I said.

"You're Snape's daughter?" Everyone asked at the same time.

"Not by blood. He adopted me several days ago. Git," I added for good measure. "Any ways, who are you?" I asked Harry, knowing perfectly well who he was.

"Harry Potter," he replied, his eyebrows raised slightly.

"Well then, Mister Potter, Mrs. Weasley says dinner's ready, I recommend you come down. Bye bye!" I apparated away, into the seat next to Remus. I'm a quiet apparater, so he didn't notice me until he turned to Tonks.

"Violet! You scared me, you really should stop doing that," Remus said after his jump.

"Well Reemy, I forgive you, so I want to spend time with my BFFL!" I say, growing sarcastically snotty at the end. "They're in their way down, Mrs. Weasley."

She flashed me a smile and continued to place dishes in front of the places at the long wooden table. The other people arrived shortly afterwards, and we all began to eat. I put a carrot in my mouth and started to choke, not on purpose mind you. Remus thumped me on the back and our came the carrot, along with half a liter of blood.

I sighed. There goes keeping my secrets secret. "Evanscio," I cleared the blood away and wiped my mouth off with my already bloody handkerchief. I looked up at everyone.

"What?" I asked, playing clueless.

"Violet, you just coughed up half a liter of blood! What do you mean, what?" Sirius rolled his eyes exasperatedly.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. Don't tell Severus, he would not let me leave St. Mungo's if  he found out. Remus, I would love to talk to you upstairs..." I looked at him pointedly, hopefully he recognized that I needed to tell him without the other kids in the room. I grabbed his wrist and apparated him to my very neat room.

"You don't have TB,  right?" He asked.

"No. You know how Harry has visions of Voldemort?" He nodded his head. "Well I took on the blunt of those visions. I've been practicing my Occlumency, and it was working for a while. One problem is, I was used to blocking him out while he wasn't alive again. Now that he's back, my Occlumency isn't quite good enough to block him out. And since I'm taking the blunt of it, he can harm me in my dreams. He can torture me, and I'll wake up covered in bruises. The worst part is though, every time I have a vision, I get a cut. This time, it was on the inside, and I'm not good enough at healing charms to risk it. Remus, I don't know what to do. I've just met my twin and he already acts like I don't exist," I ended to explanation sobbing into my savior's shoulder.

He pulled out his wand and put a spell on me. "There. That should have stopped the bleeding. And this one should prevent him from making cuts on your body. Just work hard at your Occlumency, Violet, and you'll get the hang of keeping him out," Remus gave me another tight squeeze. I returned it, along with a watery smile.

"Good night, Remus. I'm going to sleep now," I said shooing him subtly out the door so that I could lay down and give my burning head a rest. There was a long road ahead if I was going to earn my twin's trust. It was the road I would have to take though, because I couldn't live without my other half much longer.

Nice long chappy for you guys (if anyone ever reads this) if you did read it comment potato.