Chapter 3

Four years.

That's how long it's been since I've gone outside of the house, or I should have been. If you're thinking of trying it, don't. The cabin fever is horrible, and it wrecks your social life.

It's been four months since R. L. sent me another letter. The last one was simply stating that he couldn't come and get me but that Sirius was innocent, like I predicted.

I'm all alone now. Peachy and I reached the end of the Hogwarts curriculum at the end of last year, and it's a good thing we did, too, because she died shortly after that.

That was the only time I went outside.

To burry her body.

My second friend, and I had to burry her.

Recently, however, I got another letter. From whom, I do not know. It was very short and sweet.

The Dark Lord is back.

Don't leave your house.

It wasn't signed or anything. I can only guess that it's from my godfather, Sirius, or R.L. It couldn't have been Harry, Peachy told meme that he didn't know that I existed.

I stared deep into my emerald eyes. They were a little crazy looking, to be honest. Dull, wild green stated back at me. My hair was waist length, I refused to cut it after Peachy died, vivid red. My face was pale, dotted with little orange freckles. My black clothing hung loosely off of my small frame.

I sighed. I was going to be stuck in here for a long time.

__________________

Dear Diary,

I turned fifteen today. Alone in the big empty house that I hate more than anything in the world. I'm fed up with being alone. I'm fed up with being hidden.

I'm taking action. I'll let you know how it goes.

Violet Acacia Potter

I slammed my diary shut. I pulled out fifteen sheets of parchment and my mother's wand. Waving the wand in swirling motions, I copied the same message onto fifteen letters.

Rescue me.

Peachy is dead.

R. L. rescue me.

Violet A. P.

I handed them to the owl I got from Peachy for my 12th birthday.

"Send these to Sirius Black and R. L." I whispered to Midnight, almost afraid to distribute the too quiet house.

One hour later I heard a crack downstairs. And then another one, accompanied by voices.

"Moony, you locked her up in here for five years with only a house elf for company!"

"I wax protecting her!"

The voices continued to bicker. I grabbed my wand from my bedside table and slid down the banister like any good natured fifteen year old.

I landed in front of two men, both raising their wands on fright.

"Well, well, if it isn't Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. My knights in shining armor." I said bravely, recalling their faces from the pictures I a cooed that I wasn't supposed to see ever. Oops?

"How do you know who we were?" Remus asked, while Sirius frowned.

"Reemy, accio is very useful," I smirked back. "Sirius Black. Convicted mass murderer. Innocent. Animagus. Pad foot. Marauder."