The image of Luciano's terrifying face also popped up into my head and I felt goosebumps on my skin.

I gazed down at my right arm blankly and slowly rubbed it. The house wasn't as cold as it is at night and I wasn't particularly cold.

Either way I gazed back up frowning, before walking back towards the small hall, needing to shower as the smell of my own blood was still evident on the little clothing I wore.

Once I stood in the shower, my mind was a mess. The hot water hit down onto my body and I stared at my feet with messy thoughts.

It was hard to react especially when I couldn't feel anything. There was no fright that was making me want to run away nor worry that another attack or killing could occur.

What was wrong with me? I often wondered that.

However my mind did repeatedly play the scene of Luciano ripping off the creatures head viciously. It was the only thing that clung to my mind along with his presence and aura that was completely dark and evil.

A few minutes later I stepped out of the small shower. It was a simple small square and not exactly spacious. I wrapped the towel around my body and took a single step to face the small mirror that hung above the sink.

My hair hung loose, dripping onto the wooden floors as I held the two ends of the grey towel to my chest.

I used my hand to roughly wipe the small fogged mirror and stared at my reflection.

Just a single blink later, there was another reflection standing behind me, near the door frame.

I already knew the tall black coated figure was Luciano. He stared at me through the mirror and I gazed back.

I guess a lot of things about these creatures were myths. Such as daylight and reflections.

I turned around and Luciano's eyes locked with mine. His eyes lowered for a second, examining, before pairing back up with my eyes. His eyes weren't as dark today, but grey nevertheless.

We stood silent for a moment. I didn't feel ashamed or embarrassed. More curiosity as to what happened not to long ago.

Meanwhile staring at him, the furious expression he had from the attack flashed before my eyes and disappeared all in a second.

The goosebumps were back. It was cold.

Luciano must've noticed this because he looked at my bare arms before inching away slightly.

"Come inside when you're ready," he said lowly and disappeared.

I paused staring at the empty space he stood in just a second ago. I then sighed slightly, dully making my way out of the bathroom only to walk a few steps down the hall back into my bedroom.

I closed the door behind me and dropped the towel. I stepped away from it and went towards my wardrobe that stood on the left side of my room, at the feet of my bed.

Pulling it open I glanced around.

I simply put on comfortable clothing, the black jumper not as thick as it could be to keep out the cold.

I left my hair, allowing it to openly dry as I walked out of my room and to the front of the house I knew Luciano would be.

He stood tall, staring at a landscape painting that hung awkwardly on the wall on the right side of the entrance.

I stood near the kitchen bench, plainly watching him.

"Unfortunately that was just the beginning," Luciano said in a low, collective voice, not turning around. I knew he was referring to what had happened.

"Us creatures are very invested into our hunts. And from what I've heard these younger ones are very much dedicated to their annual feedings."

Luciano turned around and took a few steps towards me. Once he was a few feet away he paused, watching me.

I understood what he said. But chose not to question it. Instead I held open my arm towards him.

"Did you do this?" I asked.

Luciano glanced down at my arm, before looking back up at me.

"No," he answered roughly, eyes dark.

I continued to stare at him and he knew I was waiting for more.

"Axel did," he added distastefully, "-I haven't regained the health I need to heal humans. I couldn't have let you die either."

At that I tilted my head. I stared at him, feeling empty.

"Why not? Why are you helping me anyway?" I asked blankly.

There has been many times were death was nearby. However Luciano prevented any such outcome.

But a humans mind and body didn't last long either way.

Luciano didn't respond for a second. However he came closer and lifted his hand to rest under my chin lifting my head up.

"Grace."

He tilted his head, staring at me. As if to work something out.

He then sighed, hand dropping.

"You helped me in a way," he said with the same blank look, "-I'm just returning the favour," he added with an unexpected grin.

The expression hit me with a sudden pang of some odd feeling. But like last time, it vanished.

I gazed up at him blankly before shrugging.

"Do what you want."

-
-
-
-

A/N

Hey guys. I really am sorry for taking a while to update. I'm just extremely busy so again, sorry.

Please let me know if you guys are enjoying this and your honest thoughts.

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Also wish everyone a Happy New Year from now! 

Love you guys

-E