Chapter 11 ~ Weak

Start from the beginning

“Who are you?” I questioned carefully, not wanting to enrage the already angry sounding person.

“Why are you still here?” They asked in a please-go-die-in-a-hole way.

Why am I still here? I didn’t even know where ‘here’ was, let alone know why I was there!

“Who are you?!” I asked again.

Where the figure was, red eyes suddenly started glowing. The person then stepped into my circle of light. I would have gasped, but all the air in my lungs seemed to have disappeared.

“Gold.” Red hissed. “Why are you still here?”

“Red, I have no idea what you’re talking about!” I said, terror rapidly taking over me by the second.

“Why won’t you just leave me alone?!” Red shouted and took a step forward.

“What are you talking about?!” I yelled and took a step back. My little circle of light seemed to follow me.

Red looked extremely intimidating. His blood-red eyes were wild and his face was pulled into a snarl. One wrong move and I would be as good as gone.

“You follow me around wherever I go!” He took a step forward and I took a step back. “You won’t leave me alone!” Another step forward, another step back.

“You know that’s not true!” I cried and continued to back up.

Suddenly, my foot hit the edge of what appeared to be a cliff. My breathing sped up, quickly realizing the position I was in.

“Red. Stop.” I pleaded, but Red just continued to step closer and closer to me, a look of pure hatred on his face.

“Why can’t you just realize that I want to be alone?!” Red was right in front of me now and I cowered in fear. “I hate you!”

It felt like my heart had just stopped beating. Red hated me? My foot was dangerously close to the edge.

“No...” I whimpered. “It can’t be true... This can’t be happening!”

“I’ve always hated you! I hated you from the minute I first saw you!” Red screamed. “NOW, LEAVE! ME! ALONE!”

Red pushed me hard in the chest and I went toppling over the edge of the cliff. Everything felt in slow motion as I tumbled through the darkness, my arms and legs flying everywhere. I tried so desperately to grab onto something but the realization hit me hard and fast. Red hated me. What was the point in trying? I guessed that is what hopelessness felt like. All I could do was close my eyes and scream until my end came.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I woke up screaming.

I bolted right up from my make-shift haystack bed, stood up and frantically looked around. My screams were echoing off the metal walls, only amplifying it and making them louder.

“Gold!” Red ran into the room. “What’s wrong?!”

I tried to move away from him, but Red grabbed my wrists. “Gold! Tell me what happened!”

Red stared deep into my eyes and I just kind of broke down. I grabbed fistfuls of Red’s t-shirt and just cried into his chest.

Red seemed taken aback at first, but then wrapped his arms around me. He whispered soothing things into my ear in an attempt to calm me down.