Chapter 4 ~ Abyss

A/N

Welcome! Welcome!

I really lacked in ideas for this chapter, so I’m sorry if it’s boring :P

BUT! There is an important part in this chapter, so be on the look-out!

ENJOY!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gold’s POV

I woke up to the sound and smell of pancakes cooking. I opened my eyes slightly and saw Red over in the ‘kitchen’ making pancakes. Only then did I notice that there was a small stove placed on top of one of the rocks. He was now fully dressed and wearing his red hat again. He put them on a plate and brought them over to me as I sat up in my nest of blankets. He looked at me blankly and put the plate out in front of me, a knife and fork on it as well.

“For me?” I asked in surprise. Red nodded and I took the plate from him. “Thank you. They look delicious.”

I picked up the knife and fork and looked at them. I licked my lips. Yummy!

As I chowed down on them, I noticed that Red didn’t have any. I looked at the last pancake on my plate and then back at him. I barely managed to pull myself off of the floor and then hobbled over to him.

“Here.” I said and placed the plate on his lap. He looked up at me confusedly and then gave me back the plate. “No. I want you to have it.” I said and gave it to him once again. He just sighed and then ate the pancake. Yes! 1 point to Gold!

I collapsed back down onto the pile of blankets and watched as Red finished off the last piece of the pancake. He peered up at me and I quickly looked away. From the corner of my eye, I saw him shrug.

I heard movement suddenly and looked up as Red went and put the empty plate on one of the bigger rocks in the ‘kitchen.’

“So, um... How long do you think I’ll be stuck up here?” I asked quietly. Red just stared blankly at me. I didn’t expect anything less.

Red moved towards the entrance to the cave and glanced outside.

“Where are you going?” I asked quickly, fearing that he was going to leave me alone in this cave. Red took a pokeball from his belt and then pointed to the snow covered outside world. It didn’t take me long to figure out what he was going to do. He was gonna go outside and train with his Pokémon.

“Hey, uh... Before you do, can you please take me back down that tunnel so I can get changed into my other clothes?” I asked awkwardly.

His reply was clipping the pokeball back onto his belt and heaving me up off the ground.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Red took me back to the main cave once I was changed.

Just before he put me down, I spoke up. “Can I go outside and watch you train?”

Red shook his head.

“Well, can I at least watch you from the entrance of the cave?” I asked in a last attempt.

He looked at me thoughtfully and then sighed. He then put me back down on the hill blankets and dragged it (with me still on top of it) over to the entrance of the cave.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him and then he sauntered off outside.

He wasn’t too far from the entrance of the cave but far away enough so I didn’t get hurt from his Pokémon’s attacks.