Chapter 11 ~ Weak

A/N

I’m not even going to bother with excuses. All I can say is that I’m sorry :(

ENJOY!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Recap!

I rubbed my bandaged arms softly as I watched Red.

What was I going to do? He was acting like he hated me... What if he did hate me? If that was true then I knew I would take it a lot worse than anyone else would. I felt like I had become close to Red in those past couple of days though I doubted that he felt the same way.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A hand-made fireplace took up most of the space on the floor. The creepy thing about it was that the coals which should have long ago gone out were still ablaze with fire. All of a sudden, the giant blaze of fire in the middle of the fireplace shrunk into a tiny little flame.

I stood there gaping at it. What the heck was going on?!

End of Recap!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gold’s POV

I had been lying there, staring up at the roof of the farm-like shed for what felt like hours. My mind kept on replaying over and over again what had happened that day. Every time my mind reminded me of Red’s cold, steely tone when he had spoken to me, I would be filled with guilt and fear. Fear of losing a possible friend.

To be completely honest, I didn’t have many friends when I was younger. People had usually steered clear of me. There was one group of people who I had thought were my friends, but it turns out they had only kept me around for a laugh every once in a while. I had run home crying during the middle of school and I didn’t show up the next day either. From then on, I was known as gullible and easily fooled. I had stopped trying at that point.

When I started my Pokémon journey at aged twelve, I had vowed to changes my ways and become a better person. It didn’t really work.

While travelling through Johto for two years and Kanto for two years, the only company I ever had was my Pokémon. Ever since I was born I had gotten along better with Pokémon than people.

I might be clinging on to false hope, but I believe that Red and I can become friends. I can’t and will not give up on this chance.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I was in total darkness.

It was so dark that I couldn’t even see my hands in front of my face. The air surrounding me was thick and heavy, almost as if I could cut through it with a knife. The air reeked so heavily of soil and rotting vegetation, I felt as if I had been pushed face-first into compost. I could feel the ground beneath my sneakers, but I had no idea how stable it was.

Suddenly, almost as if someone had trained a spotlight on me, a circle of light was around me. It made me very weary of the fact that anything in the surrounding darkness could see me, but I couldn’t see it.

A silhouette of a person slowly emerged from the darkness but stopped right before my circle of light.

“Hello?” I called out to the mysterious person.

“Gold.” The person hissed in distaste.

The voice sounded awfully familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. But most of all, why were they saying my name in a way that made it drip with hatred?