Vibrance

Vibrance by @Cosette_TN

Reviewed and recommended by W.

"Find me in your dreams."

He calls for her name, repeatedly. She reaches for and encounters him, whom she seems to have forgotten. His charming, yet spine-chilling voice will continue calling for her, till the time comes, when she will finally recognize him. Reality is cruel, only dreaming bears the meaning of a secure place. And suddenly, when reality and surreal mix together, the shelter of dreams threatens to transform into a golden cage. The only solution is uncover the secrets behind the dream. With her poetic choice of words, Cosette takes her readers on a journey in her dream-like world.

Serena is travelling through the sibylline labyrinth of her own dreams: idyllic landscapes, from forests of green to gardens of lilies, scenes of butterflies and... the recurring presence of a cat, seeming to act as a guide for the protagonist, inside and outside this illusionary universe. Confused, the protagonist wakes up in the real world, and easily returns to the dream universe.

Little by little, Serena uncovers the secrets behind this endless wandering: a voice, keeping on calling for her over and over, pleading with her to find them, till... a young man makes his appearance. A fascinating, beautiful and sinister young man, obsessed with the protagonist. Cosette uses a fine choice of words, captivating metaphors and line breaks: everything is perfect to describe the magical imagery within this story, along with the author's writing style, utterly easy to read.

Up to now, many questions remain unanswered: probably, the reason why is that this breathtaking work is still on-going. Nevertheless, its updates will promise to entice readers with emotional intensity and picturesque descriptions. Certainly, a must-read.