Chapter 23

I wrapped my arms around Gee, pulling his body closer to mine. Gee mumbled something sleepily as his face nuzzled into my chest. Something had woken me up in the middle of the night, probably Mikey coming home. I didn't pay much mind to it as I pulled the warm blanket over us and smiled sleepily.

"Payback, bitches!" Mikey shouted.

Music started blasting and Gee jumped, falling out of the bed. He started crying from being so frightened and probably because he hurt himself from falling. I sighed, kissing his forehead.

"I'll be right back," I muttered.

I stood up and went to the door, walking out to see Mikey standing there with his arms crossed as he glared at me.

"Shut that off!" I shouted over the music.

"Make me," he replied with a smirk.

I went to the stereo but he blocked my path, pushing me down.

"Mikey, we're tired and trying to sleep," I stated.

"Yeah, so was I when you started telling me all about how you two fucked on the couch and in the shower and in the bedroom," Mikey said. "Disgusting, by the way."

I stood up just as my phone started ringing. I grabbed it and stepped outside to answer.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello there, Frank " Mr. Larry, my landlord, said.

I sighed, running a hand down my face.

"Got some noise complaints by your nearby tenants," he said, getting straight to the point.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," I apologized. "I wasn't planning this, trust me, I do not want this. I'm trying to get it shut off."

"Well, just get it turned off or I'm sorry but I'll have to call the police to turn it off," he said. "And I don't know if they'd give you a fine or something like that."

The music shut off and I looked at my window.

"I've gotta go," I said.

I hung up just as I heard some yelling. The door opened and Gee pushed a crying Gee out. I hurried over as the door slammed shut and locked. Mikey went upstairs and opened the window.

"Go sleep somewhere else, fuckface!" He shouted.

I glared at him as he shut the window. My key was inside and I used to have a spare key that I kept under the flower pot beside my door but I have that to Gee so he could have his own key. Plus, I'm on the second floor so there was no other way in besides the front door.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, wrapping my arms around Gee.

He cried quietly, hugging me back. I lead him over to my car as we got into the backseat. I didn't have my keys so we couldn't go anywhere but luckily I left it unlocked.

"Is he gonna let us in ever again?" He asked.

"Yeah, he will at some point," I said.

I laid down across the seat and pulled him with me. It was tight and he was practically completely on top of me but I didn't care.

"Everything's gonna be fine, sweetheart," I whispered, running my hand through his hair.

Gee buried his face into the crook of my neck as he sniffled.

"We still haven't talked about our purple jet," I said, trying to cheer him up.

"It'll have big flowers on it too," Gee whispered.