Chapter 6

Hermione- five days later

"As you all know, there will be deadlines to each step," McGonagall said as she walked around the classroom. "Engagement, the deadline is November thirty first. I suggest you write it in your planner. Marriage, by February fourteenth. And pregnancy, by April twenty second."

I felt dread settle in my chest. In less than a year I would be a mother. I nearly threw up at the thought of it. I'm not ready to be a mother.

I closed my eyes, leaned back in my chair, and played with my hair.

"Are you alright?" Draco whispered.

"Mr. Malfoy, please be quiet when I'm talking," McGonagall snapped.

"Sorry," he replied.

I grabbed a scratch paper and quill when McGonagall started talking.

I'm fine, I wrote.

He picked up a quill and started writing.

Are you sure?

I'm sure, just a bit stressed.

We can leave if you want, I'm sure McGonagall would excuse us.

No, I'm fine.

He gave me an unsure look before turning back to McGonagall.

"There will be classes for taking care of children in March and how to deal with the pregnancy. I must remind you, if you do not meet the deadlines, without a proper reason, you will be band from the wizarding world, your wand snapped, and all muggle borns, will be obliviated," she reminded us. "Class dismissed."

Draco and I stood up, gathered our books, and went back to our dorm. This week has been stressful, and tiring. When we got home I plopped down on the couch and relaxed.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked, plopping down beside me.

"No."

"What's on your mind?"

"The fact they literally have complete control over our lives. They threaten us with seven years of our lives. I'm not ready to be a mum Draco," I told him. "And in a few months, we will have a child."

I felt a tear run down my cheek but I quickly brushed it away.

"And our child, the poor thing will grow up with parents that don't love each other-"

He pressed his lips to mine. Upon instinct, I kissed him back. The kiss lasted a minute, or two, or five. When he pulled back I was speechless.

"Just give it time," he told me softly.

"We don't have time," I replied, just as quietly.

"Hermione, I don't think our baby with have parents that don't live each other," he muttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Hermione, I don't think the sorting hat was wrong... your all I've ever asked for in a woman. Your smart, your beautiful, your the only woman in the world that hasn't fallen to their knees just at the sight of me, you stand up to me, the sorting hat literally picked the one person that fits all those," he told me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest.

"Draco?"

"Yes?"

"You wanted to know what I said to the sorting hat that it picked you," I started. "Well, I asked for someone who's knowledge could rival my own, but not quite. I asked for someone somewhat attractive. I asked for someone who wouldn't want to control me but like me the way I am. And lastly, I asked for someone who would love me and the children I would have with them."

Draco

"Nice to know it was all good things," I told her. "And... I'm sorry I hurt you, after we were put together. I just really wanted answers."

"It's fine, it's not the first time it's happened," she muttered.

I could tell she liked being close to me. She was always relaxed in my arms. I held her a bit tighter and she closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she said suddenly, "for all the trouble."

"It's not your fault the hat chose me," I replied quietly.

She snuggled against me.

"Your so nice," she told me.

"I can't believe Hermione Granger, just told me, Draco Malfoy, I'm nice," I laughed.

She lightly flicked my chest. I lightly stroked her hair and she relaxed again.

"Your really comfy," she muttered against my chest.

~*~*~

It wasn't long before Hermione fell asleep on me. I slowly picked her up and carried her to our room.

We had established turns with the bed. Today was my turn but I slowly set her on the bed and crawled beside her. I didn't know how she would react to this. I pulled her close and let her sleep.

~*~*~

I felt Hermione jerk in my arms. My eyes snapped open and I saw Hermione crying, but she was silent. I quickly sat up when she flinched and.. screamed? I was confused about why she wasn't making noise when she was having a nightmare.

Silencing charm

I grabbed her shoulders and shook her awake. This was the fourth time since we were together I woke her from a nightmare.

She shot up on the bed panting hard. I took the charm off of her.

"Draco," she sighed, hugging me like her life depended on it.

She seemed more spooked than usual.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly.

"No."

"What was it about?"

She shook her head. I understood. I myself had many nightmares.

"I'll probably tell you soon, but I just..." she started crying again. "I just.... can't talk about it yet."

"Shhh, you don't have to tell me," I whispered softly.

Her arms tightened around my waist and she cried softly.

"It's not fair," she sobbed.

I cradled her in my arms and let her sob.

The Unbreakable Law (Dramione) *EDITING*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara