Chapter 2

Draco

I watched as Loony Lovegood approached the stool, hoping I wouldn't be with her. McGonagall placed the had gently on her head and the hall went silent.

"Harry Potter!" The hat yelled.

The hall watched as Harry gave Ginny a kiss and muttered something to her before walking up to Loony. They left the stage. Ginny was now crying.

"Panzy Parkinson," McGonagall called.

Panzy slowly made her way at the front. I promised myself I would die if I was put with her. The hat was placed on her head and the room went silent.

"Neville Longbottom!" The hat yelled.

Panzy literally fainted. Madam Promfey took her to the Hospital wing.

It went through a long list. Cho was with Seamus, Ginny with Blaise, Hannah with George, and many others that I don't know.

"Hermione Granger!" McGonagall called.

I bet she's with Weasley, I thought.

"DRACO MALFOY!" The hat yelled.

Me and Granger froze. McGonagall ushered her to get off the stage and go to the classroom. She slowly got down and walked out the door.

We had to go to a class to learn the dates, learn how to be a happy couple, and when the time came, how to take care of a child. I followed Granger out and grabbed her arm.

I pushed her against a wall and held her arms down.

"Malfoy, let go of me!" She yelled, struggling in my grasp.

"I want to know what you told the hat, and why it picked me!" I growled.

"I..I don't know," she whimpered.

My grasp on her arms was tight.

"Let go! Please!" She begged. "My arm!"

The second a tear dropped from her eye, so I stepped back and released her. She completely ignored my presence when she jerked up her sleeve. My heart sank at the sight of blood coming from the word, the wound my aunt gave her. I looked at my hand. I thin layer of blood stained my hand. I hadn't meant to hurt her.

She drew her wand and muttered a quick healing charm. The blood didn't lessen at all. She glared at me.

"I...I'm sorry... I didn't mean-"

"Have fun explaining why I won't be in class," she spat before running down the corridor.

~*~*~

In the class we learned the deadlines and each group was given a planner. We had to choose dates. I would have to plan with Granger tonight.

As much as I pained me to admit it, I was worried about Granger. I honestly didn't mean to hurt her, especially where my aunt tortured her. I started to feel worse and worse.

After class, I decided to find her. I went to the hospital wing first to find she never went. I searched every place I thought she could be.

After a while, I found her in Myrtle's bathroom. She had her arm under the water and bit her lip. She looked in the mirror and jumped when she saw me. She quickly recovered.

"This is the girl's bathroom Malfoy," she told me, turning off the tap and drying her bleeding arm.

"I came to see if you were alright," I replied.

"I'm fine," she muttered. "Just leave me alone."

I stayed and watched as she summoned bandages. She struggled to wrap her arm, so I walked towards her and took her arm in my hand. She flinched, but I ignored her and started to wrap her arm.

"We need to go to dinner," I told her after I finished.

She nodded and walked out of the door. I followed closely behind.

When we got to the great hall we were shocked to see the house tables were gone and replaced with small, two seated tables.

I sighed at sat at one with Granger. She didn't talk to me, or even look at me for that matter.

"So... we need to write dates. They gave us a planner," I told her.

"You can choose. I honestly don't care," she muttered. "No sex until we're married and I'll be fine with whatever."

I watched as she moved her food around on her plate to make it look like she had eaten more. It was now I realized how thin she was. Her body looked weak and her skin was pale.

"You should eat," I told her.

"Why do you even care? Mind your own business," she snapped.

"Well, I'm sorry for caring," I snapped back.

"Since when do you care about a Mudblood like me?"

I flinched when she said it. I hated the word. I hadn't even said that nasty word since she was tortured at the manor.

"Don't call yourself that," I said. "And I started caring about your health when I was forced to marry you."

She continued to play with her food, so I got a spoonful and held it in front of her mouth.

"Open," I muttered.

"Malfoy, I'm not-"

I stuffed the spoon in her mouth making her glare at me. We both looked up when McGonagall started talking.

"How has your first day been with your significant other?" She asked the hall.

There was a chorus of boos. McGonagall sighed.

"Well today we have made new sleeping arrangements. You and your other will be sharing a room. The other professors and I have changed the dorms to separate rooms. Each couple gets one. I do apologize if you and your other do not get along, but you will come around. The sorting hat is never wrong," she told us.

I looked at Granger. She now had her face on the table and her hands gripping her hair. Her plate was full.