Chapter 7

Draco

Through her sobs I could figure out someone died. I wasn't sure who but they were important to her.

Fred maybe? Or Professor Lupin? Or Nymphadora? I would find out eventually.

It was a while before she stopped crying, but she didn't fall asleep. We were laying down now, Hermione was struggling to control her breathing. I softly stroked her cheek helping her relax.

"I..I'm sorry," she whispered.

"It's alright, I do it too," I replied honestly.

She closed her eyes.

~*~*~

Me and Hermione were sitting on the couch, eating breakfast when she brought up the dream.

"It was about my parents," she told me. "After the war."

"What happened?" I asked cautiously.

She took a deep breath.

"They were captured. Australian death eaters found them and brought them here. When I found them, using a trace on my blood, they were beat and bloody. I rushed them to St Mungos..." I tear fell down her cheek. "M...mum didn't make it and dad was traumatized. He was deemed mentally insane and he's in therapy."

I pulled her into my arms as she cried.

It was a while before she pulled back and furiously wiped the tears off her face. She quickly stood up.

"I'm going out for a bit," she told me before rushing to the door.

"Where are you-" the door slammed, "-going?"

~*~*~

It's eight already and Hermione isn't back yet. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. Something could have happened to her.

I decided I would look for her so I looked for Potter's dorm. When I knocked Potter was confused.

"Malfoy?" He asked.

"I'm looking for Hermione," I told him.

"She's not here," he replied.

"Do you know where she could be?" I asked.

"Nope," he muttered, shutting his door.

I looked everywhere I could think of, I even checked back at our dorm to see if she came back. I needed to find her. I walked back and forth to many places. I need to find Hermione.

I was surprised when a silver door suddenly appeared.

The room of requirements

I rushed forward and opened the door. I was met with a dark room.

"Lumos," I muttered.

My wand lit up the room. The room was filled with books.
Yup, Hermione's here, I thought.

I walked around the room until I found an arm chair. I saw Hermione fast asleep with a book in her hand. I couldn't help but feel extremely relieved. I carefully picked her up, bridal style, and carried her out of the room.

She snuggled up to me and gripped my shirt. I smiled and carried her to our dorm. I gently set her on the bed and crawled next to her.

Hermione- one month later

Me and Draco had gotten closer over the past month. I hoped he would propose soon because the deadline we in two weeks. Many people want to wait until last minute to propose but I'm hoping it won't be so... late.

Draco was out with his friends now so I decided to study for an upcoming potions test.

~*~*~

I jumped awake on the couch when the door shut. It took me a moment to take in my surroundings. I was still in my living room but there was rose petals on the floor. I stood up and followed the trail out the door.

I continued to follow the rose petals until I went to the library. There was a table surrounded in rose petals with a book in the middle. I slowly walked forward and opened the book. Every page was carved out to show the last one; the unbreakable vow.

A hand tapped my shoulder making me spin around. Draco was there, on one knee, holding a ring. A smile broke across my face when he took one of my hands in his.

"Hermione Jean Granger, the sorting hat couldn't have picked a better person for me, your smart, your gorgeous, you're your own person, and you make me happy. Would you do me the honor, of being my wife?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed before smashing my lips to his.

The kiss didn't last too long because he pulled back, but that didn't make it any less passionate.

"I know you were forced to do that, but thanks for making it romantic," I whispered.

"Anything for you," he whispered back.

I kissed him again. He kissed back softly and slid the ring on my finger. I pulled back a bit and admired the ring. It had three small diamonds in the shape of a heart and a small line of smaller ones going along the silver band. It was simple, but beautiful.

"It's beautiful," I awed.

"It was my grandmother's," he said softly.

I smiled at him, grabbed his hand, and went to our dorm.

"Why are we here?" He asked.

I pulled the collar of his shirt down and kissed him softly.

Draco

Hermione kissed me softly so I kissed back just as passionately. I pushed her against a wall and trapped her between the wall and my body. Her fingers tangled in my hair when I started to kiss down her neck.

She moaned softly in my ear. I couldn't believe this, goody two shoes Granger was letting me snog her senseless. I went back to her lips and kissed her harder. My tongue slid into her mouth and we fought for dominance. I obviously won.

I had to admit, she was a great kisser. She didn't let it get too heated and I respected her boundaries. It was a while before I pulled back, gasping for air. Her face was a bit red and she too, was panting. She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my chest.

She seemed to like hugs. She hugged me daily. I hugged her back a bit tighter. She smirked and held me as tight as she could, which wasn't very tight. I refrained from doing the same because I would probably crush her.

She seemed so relaxed, so happy in my embrace. I smiled at the thought.

"Draco?" She asked softly.

"Yes?"

"I love you," she whispered.

"I..... love you too."