Blinking at the sight before me I didn't realize I moved until I was standing beside Wes -who I spotted from the corner of my eye watching me intently.

"This is.." Unable to find the correct word to describe his efforts I opted for silence as my eyes took in the scene once more and the longer I did the longer the silence stretched between us.

"I remembered your story about our first date and I thought why not." he chuckled

My story? My brows pulled together forming a V before smoothing out as his words clucked in place, the first night we went out in public after he told that exaggerated story of how we met. A heart did a small dip at the meaning behind his decision for our first date, I expected him to order pizza while we sat on his couch not this.

Don't fall for his romantic effort, a voice argued. He has had more than enough practice with other woman. Mentally ignoring the squirminess of my insides I schooled my features and gave an approving nod.

"Shall we." I spoke I in a tone that didn't reflect my mushy insides

"Yeah, of course." he said a hint of a frown marring his lips

Swallowing nervously I lowered myself down onto the warm blanket making sure my skirt didn't ride up revealing too much skin. Satisfied that my skirt was cooperating I looked down at the thick blanket, wondering just how many woman have sat on it before me and what sort of activities occur on it. Grimacing at the thought I placed my hands on my lap mentally reminding myself not to touch it again. Wes took a seat beside his expression less than pleased as he removed the plastic covering the twin plates revealing a steamy cloud that vanished in seconds. In the center of the clear plate was a mound of sauce with a generous amount of pasta with cherry tomatoes cut around the large portion and a dusting of what looked like parsley on top. The sight it's self was enough to make me drool but as the steam rolled upwards and the smell greeted my senses like an old friend.

Unable to resist I leaned forward inhaling the spicy aroma and sighing out loud much to my embarrassment. Clearing my throat I leaned back peering up through my lashes and locking gazes with Wes, his eyes held a glimmer of amusement.

"It smells good, did you make it yourself?" I asked as he handed me a fork

"Sorta." he answered grabbing a fork of his own

My brows lifted at his confusing response "What does that mean exactly?"

I watched as he twisted his fork in the thick pasta, flicking his eyes to me motioned for me to eat before placed the large morsel in his mouth. Mimicking him I took a smaller amount of pasta, my eyes widened as the warm pasta tingled on my tongue it's flavors exploding in my mouth.

I moaned not realizing I did until Wes lifted his head the corner of his mouth lifting upwards in amusement.

Swallowing I straightened my slightly slumped posture "This is amazing."

"Marbella is the greatest cook of us all." Wes said looking down at his plate a soft smile touching his lips "No one tells her that though, she would never let it go."

"Is she your sister?" I asked genuinely curious

He nodded lifting his gaze to meet mine "She's the oldest one of all my siblings and the least modest." he chuckled with a small shake of his head

"How many siblings do you have?" I asked

"Four sisters plus me." he answered

"I'm guessing you're not the oldest." I said forgetting all signs if nervousness as my curiosity perked up