A Demanding Situation

I can hear my heart thumping against my chest threatening to leap out. I can almost feel the adrenaline coursing through my body but it doesn't seem to be doing its job right. Its making me week; my legs feel like jelly and my hands are trembling.

Go see a doctor about this as soon as you get away from this maniac. Maybe your body got put together wrong the last time you came back from the dead.

"Let me go." I managed to say in a voice tainted by a hint of the uncertainty I felt.

Can't do that love, if I let you go you'll fall, crack you head open, and die again. There's no time for that now when we could be doing so many other things..." The oik in front of me had the nerve to wink.

My uncertainty was instantly replaced by a thundering furry that sent waves of strength coursing from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. My hands flew up pushing him back while my head arched forward eliciting a satisfying crunch from his nose and my feet completed the sequence perfectly with a small step backward; placing a safe distance between myself and the devil's spawn.

I had hoped to at least earn a groan of discomfort for my efforts but all I received was a chilling glare accompanied by a superior smirk.

"Now that wasn't very nice love. I thought you would know by now that it takes a lot more than your petty attempts to disfigure this master piece," he gestured to his face and continued in his self-righteous tone "but you know the rules. You will be punished if you should ever be so foolish as to try that again." His eyes darkened in an ominous promise.

A shudder ran down my spine. "What do you want Royce?" My voice came out a lot weaker than I had intended and I could feel moisture gathering in my eyes.

Don't you dare cry. Don't give him that satisfaction.

Realising he'd once again attained the upper hand in our... negotiations, his eyes took on a playful glint and a smirk returned to his abominably gorgeous face. "The same thing I wanted last time, and the time before that, and the time before that; love. Your undying allegiance, my enemies dead and repossession of my rightful property."

***
Vote 🌟

Comment 💬💭

Share💌
What do you think Royce means by his rightful property?

Why would he want the alliance of a girl he seems to deem inferior?

Why did Emlyn feel so weak in Royce's arms?