Tall, Dark, Stranger

Baggy pants and an oversized shirt (strongly resembling a women's night dress) covered the beardless youth  shadowing my every move within the confines of the shop window. Watching me insistently like a guardian angel.

Or a stalker.

Ah, there she is. My most lovely inner voice always ready with a sarcastic remark to ruin the best moments. My faithful companion. Never leaving my side; unless of course I happen to need her. She has the most discourteous habit of disappearing the moment loneliness and boredom threaten dear old me. Poof. Gone, just like t-

I hit something hard. My heart skipped a beat then it started hammering at twice its normal speed. My palms felt clammy. My legs were week. Had I finally managed to bump into the tall, dark stranger of my dreams? I hope not. Every tall, dark stranger in my dreams tries to kidnap me and proceeds to throw me down a bottomless pit.

Not bloody likely. It's obviously a pole.

Carefully I reached up to my nose. I ran my finger along it, then squeezed it gently. Feels straight. No blood on my fingers. What a shame. Not that I want to be in agonising pain but a broken nose, or even some blood would really help my disguise along.

With a sigh, I looked up determined to get to the East side but I stopped short, it was all I could do to suppress the strangled squeak that rose in my throat. I hadn't crashed into a pole. It wasn't even a tree. It was a man; and not just any man either. Lord no. It-um, he was an outrageously tall, dark, and dauntingly strange man. Two beady black orbs glared at me from the top of his towering bulk. I gulped.

"S-Sorry, didn't see you there." I managed to stutter as I dashed to the side trying to find a way around the giant.

Seriously? Didn't see you there? Why would you say that to him? Have you seen the size of that... man? Why are you scared, girl? Where's your infamous courage?

He moved to block my way once more. "You're coming with me."

His simple statement rattled me to the core but there was no way in hell that I was going to show any signs of weakness. I'm dressed as a man after all, men always act irrationally and run around picking fights to prove just how tough - and empty headed- they are. It's better to be beaten to a pulp than get caught.

So what you're saying is you'd rather be beaten black, blue and red by this bull of a man than risk Royce finding you...

Yes. Well... no. I don't know. " What?" I asked in a voice a little too high pitched to belong to a boy but the giant didn't seem to notice.

"I said; you're coming with me." His voice dropped an octave and his eyes threateningly narrowed as he repeated his earlier command.

"No! I said I'm sorry, it was an accident, let me g-"

His hand seemed to appear in front of my mouth out of the foggy air and painfully pressed onto my face preventing further out bursts which could wake the sleeping locals of Old Orlanda. My eyes were about to pop out of their sockets from the vigour with which the ruffian squeezed my face.

Shitshithshitshitshitshitowowowowhelpaggh. DO SOMETHING EM! NOWWWW!!

With all my might I drew my fist back and let it fly; aiming to hit any part of my captor. There was a resounding wet thud and the man hit the ground; his eyes glazed over.

I stood there. Frozen. Dumbfounded. I mean I knew I had built some muscle on that one day last week at the gym but...

Well don't just stand there idiot! Run! What if he wakes up? GO. Now!

My eyes still fixated on the fallen giant I was galvanised into action by my annoyingly truthful subconscious.

The thumping of my footsteps seemed to echo down the street. My eyelids sliding shut with every bound and each time it's harder to open them but I know I need to get away. Maybe I can run just a few seconds with my eyes shut?

Are you stupid Emlyn? No. You'll hit something again and DIE. Don't you dar-

I hit something.

I can feel the air rushing past me as the back of my head awkwardly plunges towards the ground. Half way  down I feel my body jerk. My head snaps back; painfully, and my eyes fly open.

No. NO! Please, no!

Royce.

"Well, hello love. Missed me?" the vile creature greets with his delic- ehrm - disgusting lips curled into an absolutely puke worthy, self-satisfied smirk.

***
Thank you so much for giving this book a go! This is my first wattpad book and I would love to hear your thoughts. A little motivation in the form of votes would also be much appreciated :)
Vote if you enjoyed this chapter.
Comment any constructive criticism or thoughts.
Share with your friends for new topics of conversation.