The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree

Angelo's POV

I didn't normally like dealing with problems myself, and had it been any other situation, I probably would have had someone else do it, but since it was Chloe asking the favor, I needed the results firsthand.

I would do anything for her. Even if she was asking me to play cop and track down her sister. Which was going to be a pain in the ass by the way.

I told Chloe that I would talk to the junkie that dropped Eloisa and Jaxton off with Lorenzo to see if he had any idea where Sienna was. I couldn't imagine him not knowing.

"Damn. This place is nice," the junkie said nervously while looking around my office. His name was like Blaine or something.

These American names were killing me.

I squinted my eyes at him as he studied a picture of Chloe a little too hard, "I know."

"Is that your wife?"

I nodded and turned the picture away so he couldn't see it anymore, "You're actually here because of her. She wants to know where her sister is and you were the last person we know that had some contact with her."

His eyes shot open, "Sienna's her sister?" He pointed to the picture he no longer could see the front of. "Jesus, if that's what she would have looked like off drugs, she should have...well she shouldn't have ever started them."

I knew Sienna for a very short time before Lorenzo got her into the drug scene, and even then she could never compare to Chloe. "Yeah, we're not talking about her right now. We're talking about Sienna and where she is."

"Oh, well I haven't seen her in awhile. Sienna's mom had the kids because SiSi didn't want them anymore. Silvia...Sienna's mom, she's kinda into the same things we are, so she didn't want them either. She asked me if I would give them back to their dad so I did...because I'm a nice person."

"I'm sure you are," I said sarcastically. There was nothing nice about a person who dedicated their entire life to drugs.

I didn't know much about Chloe's mom other than the fact that she was some popstar back in her day that's been struggling with drug addiction since her split with Chloe's dad.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree apparently.

I've never met the lady, but I'm thinking I shouldn't be too heartbroken over that.

"Where can I find this...Silvia?" I asked. If there was anyone that knew where Sienna was, it was probably her, especially since she was the one that had her kids once upon a time.

"I can give you her address. You'll have to go back to the states to get to her though."

"Write it down."

Chloe's POV

"You're a very confusing woman," Angelo said as soon as I had just finished reacting to hearing about his day, "You said to find her so that Violet doesn't have to worry about it anymore. I took that as 'don't stop at any cost'. So I didn't and now you seem mad."

"I am mad, Angelo!" I snapped, grateful that Soph and Sio were outside playing and Noey was fast asleep in her room at the other end of the house. "I don't want to see my mom! She's a fucking bitch."

"My dad's a bitch but I had to see him every single day of my life up until...not too long ago. And I never said that you even had to go, Chloe."

I folded my arms over my chest, "I don't want you going by yourself."

He laughed, "Like I'm some small child?" He shook his head, "I don't want you going if you're going to whine the entire time."

"No. I want to go so I can punch her in the face for being such a shitty mother. I can't remember her ever being there for me. If Sienna and I went somewhere with her when we were younger, it was for nothing other than the popularity that came along with us. She didn't want kids, but since my dad was a millionaire, she made an exception."

Angelo looked at me, very confused, "Why was your dad with her in the first place?"

"His parents made him. She was really famous a long time ago so she could bring in a younger audience for their company. He wanted to marry Violet but he would have been disowned so he married my mom to make my grandparents happy."

Angelo was about to say something when Sophia and Alessio came running inside, panting.

I tried to push our conversation to the back of my mind and put a smile on my face as they ran to me. Sio pushed Sophia out of the way and looked up at me, "I think I need my medicine. I can't breathe again," he panted.

I looked at Sophia just as she was rolling her eyes at him, "You were running, stupid. Of course you can't breathe. You didn't even eat any peanuts and that's the only reason you would need your medicine," she told him and he stuck his tongue out at her in response.

When Alessio almost stopped breathing after he had ice cream, Angelo and I took him to see Doctor Acardi where she found that he is deathly allergic to peanuts. He got an EpiPen and he's been trying to find excuses to use it ever since.

"Just breath, Sio. You don't need any medicine," I told him just before he gave me an upset look and ran away.

"When are we going to go on another vacation?" Sophia asked. "Italy's boring."

I decided to answer this question before Angelo had a chance to, "We're actually going to California pretty soon to see some family."

I almost laughed at the face she made. Her confused face was very similar to Angelo's, "It's too hot there and what family? I don't like Uncle Brad and Aunt Naya. They don't like dad."

God, the older she got the more sassy she got.

Angelo smiled down at her as she made a mean face.

"Well," I said. I knew I was going to regret this decision so bad, "You've never met your grandma Silvia before. You probably won't like her very much either. I don't even like her."

"Is she your mom?"

I nodded.

"Why don't you like her."

"She's not like your mama," Angelo said after seeing that I was definitely going to struggle with answering that question. "She's not a very nice lady."

"Then why are we going to see her?"

"We're going to play detective, SoSo. We need to solve the mystery that is your Aunt Sienna."

Fuck.

Did that mean Lorenzo was coming too?