Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Rediscovery

James' P.O.V.

Flashback - Continued

I can't believe that woman! Damn it, she tried to trick my dad. I cursed under my breath, feeling the rage building inside me. Despite my frustration, an unshakable longing for Jodi lingered—a desire that betrayed my anger.

After leaving the study, my mind clouded by the deceitful woman's actions, I sought refuge in what used to be our room. The very thought of it brought a mix of emotions. Our room. The place where Jodi and I shared laughter, secrets, and passion. The night three weeks ago played in my mind like a broken record—a night that changed everything.

"I need you, Jodi," I muttered to myself, craving the warmth of her presence.

Entering what used to be our room, I expected to find solace in her company, to share the burdens of the day. But she was nowhere to be seen. Confusion turned to panic when I found a note taped to the bedroom door.

"I'm sorry. I had to leave. Don't come looking for me. Jodi."

No.

No.

No.

My heart pounded as I read those words, the room closing in on me. Determination replaced desperation. I couldn't lose her. I searched every corner that night, the city turning into a labyrinth of despair. Even the train station, where our paths had crossed before, offered no trace of her.

In the deafening silence, I crumbled on the platform, the weight of her absence crushing me.

A/N I know this a short chapter but this is all I could get out.