What a nightmare.

There's a growing pain in my chest flaring outwards, consuming me, devouring my soul. I see the darkness, a form of the darkness, evil, pure hatred. His glare directed at me. I'm scream. Hysterically I scramble to the corner, paralysed with fear knowing I'm going to die. If only I had the courage to face up to it. Yet how am I supposed to fight something that's everywhere, spreading like a disease, it's the darkness. I fall through a void, certain about my infinite death, certain I'll never see the vision of my angel again, even if it is just imaginary.

I'm screaming, I'm asleep, I'm awake.

"Mia" I'm being shaken, awaken yet frightened with a lingering feeling as if the darkness is still there. Yet as I blink I look into the frightened stormy green eyes of my beautiful mother. She looks like she can conquer the earth, sky and the universe for me. She looks like only a mother could. She's more pale than usual, her skin as flawless as always, but her forehead is lined with evidence of her worry, wrinkles of her 41 years of life. I'm her entire life as it's been just me and her since the dawn of my life, having my father ripped away cruelly with his untimely death. It ripped a husband from his wife and a father from his child. I will never forgive God for that.
"I'm okay, I'm okay" yet as I say this I know I'm not, I can't be, not with the darkness still enveloping me in its embrace. I switch on the light, blinded by the brightness, yet welcoming it as if it we're the suns rays, chasing and burning away my fears. As I think of my dark angel from yesterday in the evening- a sort of guardian angel, it dispels any remnants shivers or inwards fears, knowing in my bones someone's out there for me. Since when I started believing he was real I don't know, but I'd rather accept that he's real than accept that I'm alone.

"Try to get some sleep baby" my mum whispers kissing me on the forehead.
"Please don't leave, can you just stay for a bit" I beg my mum as the nightmare still haunts me, and I cannot shake the feeling that it was all real...
My mum's reply is to get into bed with me..her smooth hand brushing away the stray strands of hair off my face "However long you want, mummy's always here for you, just go to sleep.." She says with a soothing voice and eventually, her voice combined with her touch allows me to drift off into a restless sleep.

It's the morning, the sun is shining, smiling on me as I drive to Brighton University, in my silver Toyota, with the breeze lashing my face, whispering secrets of the big, beautiful, bad world. I head to University determined to make amends to Celina. I look at the box of donuts on the passengers seat as I smile an unbelievably large smile. How can she possibly resist donuts? She's a sucker for sweet delicacies. Okay, it's not like I'm trying to bribe her, it's more like a gift which she get upon bestowing forgiveness upon me...okay fine it bribery!

As I walk down the corridors I see Celina talking to Amelia about our next assignment due in two days.
"It was about the biological structure of-" Amelia stops as she sees me behind Celina.
"What- " asks Celina as she turns around to find out what Amelia was staring at..uh oh, she's angry, she'll never forgive me! I think.
"Mia-" she urges.
"Huh- what"
"I asked what you were doing here?" She sounds more worried than anything else.
"Um...why wouldn't I be? I say as she raises her eyebrows. I know she's talking about what happened yesterday with Daniel but I choose to not to answer it. That is one topic I'm not going onto.
"Look I'm sorry for having snapped at you earlier., I know I'm not the best of a friend but I hope you'll forgive me...to show you how sorry I am, I even brought you a box of donuts" I say opening the box as if to advertise that product.
" It's okay, I understand the hard time you're going through, I'm sorry I wasn't more considerate about your wishes to never speak of him" she says with sincerity lacing her voice.
"It's okay, thank you for always being such a good friends" I say with gratitude enveloping my heart. I hug her and smile.
As we break out of the embrace she states how she still gets the donuts since I did technically shout at her. Me, Amelia and Celine all end up laughing and sharing the donuts. The creamy, tasty goodness coats our mouths as well as our relationship. The rest of the day goes by with familiar laughter and fun, and well...with classes as well. By the end of the day, as the sun begins to set I'm throughly exhausted and ready to go home.

I get within my car, and start the engine. I hear the rumble of the car as I switch on the engine. I head towards the comfort known as home. As I'm driving on the silent road towards my house, flashes of black appear in my windscreen shrieking in my face. I swerve to avoid the dark spots ahead. I'm spinning, my stomach lurches, threatening to throw the content in my stomach into upheaval. My seat belt cuts into my skin. There's dark red blood stains on my clothes, my car, my windscreen. It's my blood. I can't see anything as the car swirls into a frenzy, as if it were going crazy. Their is panic threatening to overtake my mind, take over my body and my control. The world's spinning out of control, as the car is spinning out of mine. I lurch to a stop as the car smashes down, hugging the trees of the wild, as if to apologise for some unknown evil that it's done.
As I lay in agony, waiting to die, I see an approaching darkness, I fear that the figure of evil has finally come to destroy the remaining lightness within me. Memories of the past smashes into me, catching my breath. Flash.
Crystal pin tears of mom, that I've carved out in the past, breaking things off with my first boyfriend Dylan, the raw pain in his eyes, Daniel proposing then breaking it off with me, the lack of loving emotions in his eyes. Flash. My imaginary dark angel...
I cry for what was, is and could've been. I cry because that's all I'm capable of doing with weakness seeping into my blood, turning me into a lifeless doll. The figure is there seeping, drinking in the brightness, the light from my soul, he's devouring my life energy bit by bit.
He's gone.
Then he's back, with a haze-like quality around his figure, I see a void through his mouth as he screams.
I blink... He's about to suck me through before he gurgles and sputters..and dies. And an explosion of the heaviest darkness surround us- me and my angel. "Your.." I whisper somehow find my voice before I'm dragged by some unforeseeable force, coxing me into a sleeping existence, called unconsciousness.

My dark angel..he promises "Mia you'll be fine, please be fine" a helpless desperation sparking his words, a determination lacing his voice. A thick heavy voice that blankets me in strong arms, as he cradling me to his chest as if I weighed no more than a feather. He seems so normal, as a knight in shining armour. The darkness from his raven eyes resides as lightness pools in, vanishing the spells of his torture, turning his eyes a crystal blue. This happened in the split second I see into the gaze of his eyes. His eyes that held so much..I don't know what, maybe obsession, maybe love, but whatever it is, it scared me to death. But rather than the calming stroke of death, the lonely, unknown charters capture me again, sinking me back under a lifeless state.

As sunlight streams in though the peeks of freedom in the box-like walls; the windows through which l look out, I see the world anew, where darkness takes a figure, and mysterious beings become our saviours. I'm momentarily blinded by the brightness pouring in from the sky, as if it were blessing me. I twist in my bed trying to seek freedom, the blankets battling my body into a cacoon. The physical chains are suffocating.
Wait.
Everything should be broken, every limb of my body broken, my entire body should be broken..beyond repair. As this realisation floods through me, the horrors of last night washes over me, paralysingly me, mentally, scarring me with knowledge. Ignorance I now crave, as the terror of the night resides besides me, holding my hand, stalking my shadows, smelling my fear. There's silence. It's here. Yet in my bones I know the light is on my side as well, going into battling and scarring itself, and losing by the dawn of night.

I rush towards the window to prove that what happened yesterday was not a lie. I see my car through the window, as if brand new, without a scratch to be seen. How- how...? I'm so perplexed, how can my car be fine? I know what I saw yesterday was not a dream, it couldn't have been! I look at the dark patches caused by the drapes upon my windows and swear I saw a split image of a shadow for a second before its a sheet of darkness once more.i look out at the car once more, my head turning away from the shadow once again.
"Mia your in danger.." This whisper hisses past my ear, leaving a tingle on my skin. A shadow passes my face. The breeze blows my hair into tickling my pale cheeks as if it were an
Indulgent caress. The window creaks open, someone goes by. I jump back from the window in surprise. There's silence once more.