Chapter 7: Shift

Lia's P.O.V
I am done. I don't wanna think and rethink anymore about my decision. It was my dream and my  wish to be working with DEC company and now that I have got an opportunity, I don't wanna miss it by any chance. By hook or by crook I am gonna start working there. My parents won't support me at the moment but they will gradually get convinced  and support my thought and decision. I have always been a rebel and maybe that's not been correct every time but this is worth the risk! If I get permanent at DEC, I would have no worries for my whole life and I can live a life I always imagined and always wanted to. Life is a bitch and so am I.

Author's P.O.V
Very much excited and enthusiastic Liana walks in the huge building of DEC and sighs with pride and nervousness. She makes her way to the director's (boss's) cabin. She enters in after taking permission and they have a brief talk about the project and Lia gets thrilled and has all energy in her and can't wait to start the work asap. She walks out of the cabin after meeting the boss and have being assigned a personal cubical gets her more excited. She has tons of work to do and responsibilities to carry on. She didn't even realise when did the day start and end. A week passes by and she starts to feel exhausted already, but now as she had taken up this responsibility, she had to stick to her commitment and finish work before given deadlines. It gradually became too tireful for her to carry on with work and routine therefore she decided to rent an apartment near the company as it was a bit far from her place. She has a talk with the director and asks if they  provide any rooms nearby for the workers. The director said that they do rent apartments to the workers but they had no room left at the moment. Lia requested him and asked him to help out and pleaded him a lot. After calling a few people and asking about the rooms, he says, "Ms.Liana as I  told we have no  empty room to rent you and I apologize for that but we can give you an option if you don't mind, we have a room which in on the 9th floor of the building there *he points outside the window* which is too spacious compared to our other rooms but the maintenance is a bit high than usual and you might not want to hear it. Lia asks about it and the amount makes her jaw drop, it is nearly 3/4th of her monthly income. Seeing her sad face the director continues saying, 'Liana we have one more new comer who has just begun a few days before you and even she is facing the same issue as yours. Can you guys share the room and be roommates? If you don't mind that, the problem is sorted because she has already said a yes for a roommate". Hearing this Lia's heart pops with some ray of hope and she immediately aggress to the deal. As the director had already mentioned the room is spacious and 2 people can live there without any hassles. Liana packs her bags and gets ready to shift to her new apartment, all dolled up with excitement she hurries to the 9th floor with 3 big suitcases loading in the lift and manages to get in somehow after reaching the 9th floor, the door opens and she dashes with a boy and shouts in pain as the suitcase falls on her foot. But the pain vanishes in no time when her eyes meet with Rayn. Their eyes locl for a few moments and then coming back to reality, Rayn asks if she needed some help with the suitcases and she couldn't say a no because she really needed someone to help. She feels embarrassed of how she met this handsome hunk for the first time and couldn't compress her smile. Rayn curiously asks about her secretive smile and she couldn't help but blush more. They load the bags in her new apartment and Lia sighs with relief. Her roommate was not at home and she was too curious to meet her. Meanwhile Rayn asks her if she was gonna stay here alone and she tells him about her roommate whom she didn't meet yet. After having  a conversation for about few mins Rayn gives her a card and tells to contact whenever she needed anyone as she was new there. After he leaves Lia goes around the apartment and realises it was really huge and comfortable for 2 of them. 2 hours pass by and she is tired waiting for her roommate. Finally the door bell rang and she runs to open it and her blood starts boiling..

A/N: Hey muffins, sorry for missing an update yesterday, I was occupied with something and couldn't make up time to update. I will try and not miss anytime again :) apologies ❤
Hope you enjoying the story so far💫