1 Goodbyes

ST. CORAL GABLES, FLORIDA

All the documents are finalized and all I have to do is to pack my things then move out. Sure thing I'll be missing this lovely house once filled with warmth and happiness.

 Sure thing I'll be missing this lovely house once filled with warmth and happiness

"Eric, seriously where are you taking me?" I asked my husband. The other day I was shocked because first thing he surprised me, showing up at my work with bundle of tulips. And now he is picking me up after work. Something is definitely going on.

"Babe, please relax it's a surprise." He answered with a smile assisting me to get in the car.

"By the way, please put these on." giving me his necktie. I gave him a questioning look, not sure what to do.

"Blindfold yourself." he continued and started the car.

"OK, now this is weird." I mattered and waited for the long ride.

After a half an hour ride, I can feel the car is slowing down. "We're here babe." Eric said then the car stopped. I can hear sound of the waves nearby and the birds chirping. I was engulfed on the excitement I feel, I didn't even notice Eric who is now beside me. He gently grabs my now cold and shaky hand and helped me out of the car. "OK, you ready for this babe? Don't open your eyes until I say so." he said still behind me. I just nodded for an answer.

Now I can feel the tie loosen up, I can't help but to get nervous. "Open your eyes." Eric said. I was shocked, literally my jaw dropped. I'm now standing in front of a house; wait, a freaking house ? "What's the meaning of this?"

"Surprise" pulling me in a hug.

"Happy Anniversary babe, Keixa Talia de Jesus this will be our new home." he said grinning back at me. And i can't help myself but to cry. "Oh my goodness, you didn't have to get us a new house. You know I love you and I am happy just being in our apartment with you." 

"No worries babe, i really like to spoil you but you won't give me chance. I love you too Tali..." And he gave me a long passionate kiss.

I was brought back to reality with a sound of a door bell; I wonder who might be visiting now?

"Oh thank you, I thought you already leave." She pulled me instantly giving me a tight crushing hug.

"Can't breathe" Tapping her shoulder lightly, so she instantly releases me. "Hello to you too Sasha, come on in. where have you been lately?" I asked, handling a bottle of water.

Sasha's been a sister to me, since we're in the same orphanage. We share the same interest in art, music, books and even food. But she's more outgoing unlike me, I like to stay in some quiet place or watch my favorite TV show on Friday nights instead of going to parties.

"So is this really what you want? She asked.

"Yes, and I already made up my mind. I'll be moving somewhere in Asia."

"Wait a minute, you're telling me you'll be staying in some country half across the globe?" And now Sasha's freaking out. "Why I was not informed 'bout that, and here I am thinking you'll just be in New York or in Georgia?"

"Hey calm down, yes I know this is so much to take right now. Come here take a sit. Remember what I said when my adoptive parents told me that we're be having a vacation in Philippines and having a property there?"

"Yeah. But now is different, you'll be staying there for good. Please just stay?" Sasha pleaded, still looking sad and started to cry.

"I really have to do this. It's been years already and this house is just bringing up the painful memories. I'll be in touch whenever i can, so please no more crying." 

"OK fine, just be careful and maybe someday I'll come visit you." With that we share our last goodbyes. Philippines here I come.

==========

Yup I know, sorry for the errors..besides it's my first time to write..haha

Please don't forget to comment and let me know what you think. :D

xoxo