Tears Come First ~ chapter 7

Start from the beginning

Tears started to form from my eyes; I knew what he meant when he said that. It was pointless to hide because I’ve tried multiple times and it always seems to fail.

It was about 7 in the evening when I heard the front door open. My heart stopped, knowing that when Kevin came home early was never a good sign. I could hear him walking up the stairs, and without thinking I bolted for the closet, trying to protect myself and this baby.

I heard the footsteps come closer to the closet “Emma, you here?”

Shock took over me as much as relieve did “Tyler?”

The closet door flew open and right in front of me was Tyler “Emma are you okay?”

Remembering what I looked like and noticing I was only in shorts and a tee-shirt I bulled my legs to my chest and placed my head on my knees. “Go away.”

“No can do, I came here to get you and that is exactly what I plan to do. No matter how long it takes.” He told me folding his hands and sitting in front of the closet.

“How did you know where I was? Last you brought me home you didn’t know this was my house.”

“Let’s just say I didn’t pick up you scent that much so when I asked your neighbors they informed me you lived here.”

Nodding my head until I realized what he just said “My scent?”

He laughed at this “If you would have showed up today I would have explained it to you, but since you never came I knew I needed to find you. Why don’t you come out? I won’t bite.”

Shaking my head I brought my face up off of my knees just to see his facial expression. “Okay then if you don’t come out I’ll come in.”

“No! Wait I’ll come out.” Looking around to see if I had anything to cover myself up with, I spotted a blanket which I grabbed and threw around me quickly.

When I got out of the closet I realized how warm it was in my room and how stupid I looked. I kept my head to the floor so Tyler couldn’t see my face.

I felt him approach me so I backed away some “Emma look at me.”

“No.” I informed him with tears falling from my face.

Something warm to touch my face then next thing I knew I was staring Tyler in the eyes “Emma, what the hell happened to you?”

“I fell.” I responded immediately.

“Don’t you lie to me! Tell me right now who is hurting you.” Tyler told me in a serious voice.

My breathing started to pick up “Tyler I want to but I can’t he will kill me.”

With Tyler’s hand still on my face I could feel him shaking “Emma I have told you many times I will never let anything hurt you, but right now you have to trust me when I say tell me.”

“You don’t know what he is capable of doing.” I shouted “I’m sorry, please don’t hurt me.” I knew what happens when I yell at people but I was think clearly when I yelled at him.

 I started to back away from Tyler until I hit the wall, I felt him at my side instantly “Did you honestly think I would hurt you?”

“You’ve already hurt me before.” I mumbled

“Emma when I said I would tell you I meant it. For starter the whole Stacy thing was to protect you. Like I said before if I would have known that was you she took to the bathroom I would have stopped it and second I will not tell you anymore unless you tell me who is hurting you.”

I sat on the floor and cried. Tyler sat beside me the whole time and tried to get me to calm down. When I felt composed enough I turned to look at Tyler.

“Are you ready to talk; because you don’t have to if you’re not ready I have all the time in the world.” He informed me.

I nodded my head “You may have all the time in the world but he gets back at one. Anyways when I was 15 my parents and sister were killed in a car accident. Some reason I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt and was thrown from the car. Both of my parents had no siblings and their parents had died way before the incident, so when it came to custody my parents gave it to my dad’s best friend and his wife.”

Taking a breath I proceeded on “Kevin wasn’t always so abusive, he was actually nice when Leigh-Ann his wife was alive. She was like a second mom to me, but then she was diagnosed with breast cancer she ended up dying leaving me all alone with Kevin. At first I thought he would be the same after a month of her death had past but he turned to drugs and alcohol. He was laid off from work, so this allowed him to be home all the time.”

I had to stop for a moment when I could barely breathe. Tyler rubbed my back to calm me down “Take deep breaths. You are safe now, I promise.”

I did what he told me to do and then tried to continue “One night Kevin came home, from a bar where some woman had blown him off and he was so mad. So when he saw me sitting on the couch it’s like the Kevin I once knew was lost and he was nothing more than a monster. The date was March 5, it was my sixteenth Birthday and that was the day Kevin first raped me. Trust me I tried everything I could to get him to stop but I couldn’t and now it’s all the time but it’s not only sexual abusive it physical too. I always tried to get him to stop but that makes him hit me more and and I……I couldn’t do anything about it. Now it’s at school too and when his friends come over I just don’t know what to do…”

I looked down the my stomach and placed my hands on it “Now I have this baby whose done nothing wrong and I couldn’t even tell you who the father is. I can’t do this anymore.”

Tyler picked me up from where I was sitting and placed me in his lap. I placed my head on his chest and cried for what seemed like hours. “He...He’s going to be home soon, you might want to leave.”

“Emma, do you honestly think I would leave you here? If I leave you’re leaving with me.” He told me.

“But he will hurt you Tyler I can’t allow you to risk your life for me.”

I looked up at Tyler to see a smirk on his face “There is a lot you don’t know about me and you will find out soon what that is, but for now I need to get you out of here.”

“Tyler what happens when he comes home and fines I’m not here and he comes looking for me?”

Tyler helped me up to my feet then turned me around to look at him “Emma do you trust me.” I nodded “Then trust me when I say I’ll keep you safe.”

“Grab anything you want to take with you, I have a feeling you won’t be coming back.” Tyler said.

I walked to the closet and grabbed the green duffel bag Leigh-Ann had got me and shoved all the clothes I wanted and then the few personal items I actually had.

I turned to Tyler “I’m ready.”

He nodded his head “Okay let’s go home.”

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

Reminder VOTE!!!!!!