The Devistation.

So I hope this story is ok, and its interesting enough for you guys. Anyway, onwards!!
-------------------------

Chapter 2
(Jesse POV)

A blazing ghast shot was headed straight for Aiden. Without hesitation, I dived for him and knocked him out the way. I lay on the ground, dazed until Aiden pulled me up.

"Come on!" He shouted. "We've got to get out of here!"

I grabbed my sword, and we ran.

The wrecked houses and building stations all passed by me in a blur. No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't see Petra, Lukas or Ivor.

I could see Milo, though. He was fighting with the Founder, against some spider jockeys. It would have been nice to see them working together for once if it wasn't a life threatening situation.

I would have stopped to help, but I could hear the cry of a ghast as it chased us, so we couldn't stop.

"Jesse! There you are!" Petra ran up to us, with Ivor behind, but Lukas was nowhere to be seen. "With... Aiden? Jesse we can't trust him after what he did!"
"Yes, I know, releasing hundreds of mobs up here was a bad idea!"
"You think?!"

"Hey, you two," I broke up the argument, before it could get out of hand. "We're on the same side now, but Ivor, where is Lukas?

"I don't know!" Ivor replied, shaking his head. "One minute I saw him fighting ghasts, the next he was gone!"

"Ok guys, here's the plan," I called the others to huddle round. Aiden ignoring the fact he wasn't part of the group, huddled round too. "Petra and Ivor, you go and look for Lukas. Me and Aiden will fight the mobs."

"Got it." Petra nodded. "Good luck Jesse." She paused and then nodded in Aiden's direction. "Aiden." And then they were gone.

"Come on, let's go," Aiden said, and we ran off to fight the mobs.
-------------------------
(Aiden POV)

Surprisingly, Jesse and I made quite a good team. With her blocking a hit, then me coming in with the finishing blow, then vice versa. Things were going well. We took down a zombie here, a skeleton there.

Then the creeper came along.

It snuck up behind me, and I didn't hear the hissing noise until it was too late. It blew up next to me and Jesse, leaving a massive hole in the floor. I landed safely, but what about Jesse?

My heart was pounding so loudly when I saw she was hanging onto the ledge by her fingertips. Without thinking, I dived forwards and grabbed onto her hands just as she let go of the ledge.

"Aiden!" She gasped, staring up at me. "Thank you!"
"Don't mention it! "I managed to give a smirk, even though my arms were already strained by the effort of holding her up.

My palms were already beginning to sweat, and I felt horror as I lost my grip a little, and Jesse began to slide down.

"Ah! Aiden, help me!" She shouted as she slid further down.
"Hey, Jesse! It's gonna be ok! Just take deep breaths. Don't look down, ok? Just look at me."

She looked up at me and gripped onto my hands as tightly as possible. With great effort, I regained my grip, and started to haul Jesse back over the edge, and once she was high enough, I grabbed onto her arms and pulled harder.

It probably would have worked, if it wasn't for another creeper.

One moment I was lifting Jesse back onto the platform, the next we were suspended in midair, falling down, away from Sky City, into the void.

----------------------
(Jesse POV)

You know, I'm all one for doing daredevil acts. Steep minecart drop? No problem. Building high up? Sure. But free falling leading to unavoidable death? I think I'd give that a miss.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get a choice.

I didn't scream as we fell. That wasn't going to help. Part of me wondered if Lukas had fallen too, and that's why the others couldn't find him. The other part of me was freaking out and wondering what the heck we were going to do.

I glanced over at Aiden, who had his eyes shut, probably wishing he wasn't here. By the looks of things, the wish didn't work.

As I looked at him, I felt gratitude swell inside me. Aiden tried to save me. Even though he ended up falling too, he tried to save me.

"Aiden." He looked up at me when I said his name, his jade eyes locked onto mine, as if he was too afraid to look down.

"Thank you, Aiden. For trying to save me. But I'm really sorry," my voice cracked. "That you fell too." I looked down. There was no end in sight. Tears started to form in my eyes. "I'm really sorry, Aiden."

Long arms wrapped me up in a hug, and i gladly hugged Aiden back.

"It's ok, Jesse. Hey, at least your not by yourself. You've got friends. You've got me."

"Aiden, it's my fault."
"Jesse-"
No! This is all my fault!"
"Jesse! Look down!"

Below us, growing increasingly larger by the second, was a lake. Surrounded by land.

Water, I thought, means it won't hurt to land. A no hurt landing, means no death!

"Come on!" I called to Aiden. "Aim for the water!"
--------------------------------------
That's chapter 2 done and dusted! Yay! (Little celebration dance in background)
Thanks for reading!