Parenting Practice Part 16

Lockwood's POV

"I'm going to kill him!" I say as I walk out of 35 Portland Row. All I see is red. I know Kipps likes Lucy, but I never thought he'd take it this far. I don't know why I'm doing this, acting the heroine. It's not like she would like me after this, right? It's not like she's the damsel in distress, because I know how much she hates to be helpless.

   No! She better not be falling for him! But what if she is! Oh no, I wouldn't be able to cope with myself! Ugh, she is tearing me apart!

I stop to realize I am already a mile from home. I then realize how much my feet are aching. I start walking again, but I run into someone.

"Sorry!" I mutter angrily, because of the person I run into. It is Kate Godwin, one of Kipps' teammates. She starts walking, but I realize something.

"Hey! Kate, wait up! I need to talk to you." I yell since she is already halfway down the block. She looks back for a split second, then picks up her pace once she sees that I am following. I chuckle, because to no prevail, I catch up.

"What do you want? What can I possibly do for you?!? I am in a hurry, you can obviously tell!" She sighs angrily, her voice breaking at the end. She is still a couple steps ahead, but she turns her head to look at me. Her eyes are red and puffy from crying, tears are running down her red cheeks.

"Kate, what happened?" I ask gingerly, and very confused because of the 4 years we've known each other, I have never seen her cry.

"May I ask the same for you?" She asks me. I furrow my brows at that question. I bring my long and slender fingers to my face, and feel dampness.

"Oh." Is all I can use to reply. Now I feel like a cry baby. "Why are you crying." I ask again.

"You know what happened between Quill and Carlyle, right?" I nod my head, anger coming back. "Well, Quill and I were dating, but I saw the whole thing. I was just about ready to make a new ghost in town." She laughs the last part. I laugh at the last part, too.

"I was worried, because I really want to date Luce, but I might not have a shot. I don't know, she is just perfect, I don't want to lose her to Kipps." I say, spitting out the last word. I hang my head low, getting sad.

"You know what, she likes you." My head snaps up of its own accord. "Take it from a girl, like mwah." She says as she puts a hand on her chest. "She gives you the looks you give her. When Lucy grows back, tell her how you feel, because I know she likes you back." She said turning me around with playful shove to the shoulder. "Now GO!" She cheers, pushing my back.

"Thanks Kate, i really needed to hear that! And, Kipps is not good enough for you. You are being helpful, while he forces a girl into a kiss." I say, trying to cheer her up.

"You are right, he was always so demanding, being him and all. Bye." She says m, walking down the avenue.

"Bye." I guess I made a neutral friendship. I make my way back to Portland Row.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ok I had to make Kate helpful. Does anyone know if it's Kat or Kate, because in one book it's Kate, another it's Kat!! Whatever, ok, happy New Years and MERRY Christmas!!